Peacock bird personality is one of the four birds that make up the overall bird personality, which was developed back in the late 1920s by Dr. William Marston. He built this concept based on the fact that each individual’s personality can be categorized under the four bird personalities of Dove, Owl, Peacock, and Eagle. Ones belonging to peacocks portray characteristics that are present inside them.
Let’s check out further to know more –
Peacock Bird Personality
The peacock bird personality type individuals are those who focus on the welfare of others and work toward maintaining the same. They fully understand people’s concerns and care about relieving them from all kinds of distress. These people possess the great talent of bringing out the best versions of others and hence let them make ideal use of different opportunities in life.
Peacock personality style people show great interest in offering their love, and support and making their loved ones as well as others around them have good times. They have the great ability to make people do exactly what they want them to do. These people remain engrossed in helping others make the most of their lives. It makes them forget to pay attention to their welfare.
There are occasions when they need to spend some time alone gathering their thoughts and recharging themselves to overcome the challenges ahead in their lives.
One of the disadvantages of peacock personalities spending time alone is that they become hard on themselves and start entertaining negative thoughts under those circumstances. They have a strong desire to maintain intimate relationships with others.
TAKE OUR FREE PERSONALITY TESTS
Evaluate yourself with our personality tests that are clinically approved by Certified Psychiatrist and draw a path to successful work life and happy relationships.
Signs That Someone Has a Peacock Personality
The following indications or signs to suggest that someone has a Peacock bird personality include –
- An individual with a peacock personality would focus on socializing with others. They will like to indulge in long interactions even though some look quiet but carry good communication skills along with the ability to influence people.
- These people know how to adapt themselves and adjust to the changing patterns of the environment.
- They prefer to have direct meetings with people rather than indulging themselves in long conversations with them over the phone.
- Peacock personalities are loyal and honest in their approach.
- They do not prefer to listen much but share their stories and anecdotes with others.
- Their minds are flexible and can easily change as per the needs of situations.
- These people enjoy expressing themselves through different forms of art.
- A peacock personality type individual portrays simplicity in their behavior, loves maintaining peace, and adopts a pragmatic approach toward solving problems.
- They are emotional and tend to be sensitive while seeing people suffer.
- These people are curious to know about different aspects of life.
- Peacock personality types never shy away from challenges but relish accepting them in their lives.
- There is a sense of flexibility in their emotions.
- They use their impulsive energy to act spontaneously.
- Even though they show great enthusiasm toward doing some activity but cannot display a similar level of commitment to execution.
- They love maintaining proper order for properly executing their plans.
Peacock Personality in Relationships
We have already discussed what peacock bird personality is all about and several signs or indications that help others recognize them.
Now, the time has come for us to check out how they can manage different kinds of relationships during their life –
Peacock Personality as a Romantic Partner/Spouse
Someone with a peacock personality will always be intense in handling matters of their heart. They will never want to settle for anything less than perfect and it holds for them even in romantic relationships. Even though peacock personalities might seem quite expressive or flirty, the reality is different. They are never satisfied with getting attracted to opposite people for brief periods. There is a desperate need for a long-term commitment.
As a romantic partner, when a peacock personality type individual falls for someone, they will show full-fledged commitment toward that person and not just do so for the sake of it. They will not hesitate to express their feelings and hence always make the first move toward their prospective lover.
These people never indulge themselves in playing games or wait for any sort of reassurance about the other person having similar feelings toward them. Apart from this, they even display their intensely passionate behaviors, which tend to attract the attention of people of the opposite sex.
When they meet someone for the first time, they would want to know about the person’s dreams and aspirations. They will also become interested in knowing about the changes that their prospective partner would bring about in their personality and to the world around them.
As time passes by and their relationship becomes stronger, then peacock personalities would feel proud in assisting their partners in realizing their dreams. Problems arise when they go overboard in their attempts to make things work out for their partners. They might start neglecting their own needs and desires.
Peacock Personality as a Parent
When a peacock personality type plays the role of a parent, they bring forth all the good things they possess while raising their children. They include their love, compassion, determination, and their ability to act as a leader. A deep sense of purpose tends to guide their parenting responsibilities. They see it as their mission to assist their children grow up to become kind, responsible, and the best versions of themselves.
Peacock parents make sure to create a loving, supportive, and encouraging environment for their children in their homes. They promote authenticity and creativity, thereby allowing their youngsters to get the freedom to express themselves without inhibitions. Hence, children feel good about speaking their minds and do not hesitate before trying out new things.
The greatest desire of these parents is to watch their children flourish naturally and develop unique personalities for getting the best rewards. It does not mean peacock personality type parents always give their children complete freedom to do whatever they want. There are occasions when they assert themselves and make their children do what they want.
These parents also act by their conscience to make sure that their children do the right thing not out of blind obedience but from proper understanding. Peacock personality type parents set clear rules and boundaries that are appropriate for their children’s age.
Even when they start behaving strictly, they do so from their love, and care and as an effort to instill strong values and a good sense of responsibility within their children. All these idealistic parents take time out to differentiate between right and wrong, thereby making their children adjust their actions accordingly.
Peacock Personality as a Friend
As a friend, a peacock bird personality type individual puts conscious and sincere effort toward staying close to their friends and maintaining intimate friendships. They consider it a crucial component for leading a good life. There are very few personalities in this world who can match up to a peacock personality’s sincere wish for people from deep within. Getting to know someone’s mannerisms, opinions, hopes and craziness happens to be some of the greatest pleasures of life. Peacock personality types do so with utmost enthusiasm and eagerness.
Most of these individuals cannot help themselves but experience fascination by getting to know the views of others. It does not matter even if they disagree with their opinions. Dealing with a whole lot of perspectives is what always keeps life extremely interesting for these individuals.
They hate being friends with those who resort to taking shortcuts, disrespecting others, or having the habit of following trends and not doing anything on their own. Rather, peacock personalities connect well with those who share their basic ideas, especially following similar commitment levels for doing the right thing and making this world a better place to stay.
When they form close friendships with some individuals, peacock personality types freely open themselves up, expressing some of their most desired dreams, and even do not mind sharing their weaknesses. Even though they show their warmth, care, and support to several individuals, they disclose their complete personalities only with some of their close friends who have managed to gain their trust.
People with peacock personalities happen to be some of the best friends any individual could ever expect to have in their life. Their kindhearted and trustworthy nature makes these individuals dedicate an incredible amount of attention and energy toward friendships.
Peacock Personality in Workplace
A peacock personality type professional has warmth, idealism, creativity, charisma, and the ability to socialize with others. They thrive in those work environments where people appreciate them for their hard work and have the flexibility to express their creativity. Due to the presence of these qualities, peacock bird personalities thrive under different job roles, irrespective of their seniority.
Let us now see how they tackle several responsibilities by working in different positions in the workplace –
1. As a colleague
When a peacock personality type individual is your colleague, you will see them stand out from the rest for their want to collaborate with others. They always remain on the lookout for chances to create favorable situations. These professionals know how to assist their co-workers and make them reach their full potential.
These colleagues foster equality in work environments where every employee, irrespective of their job role, can express their ideas and opinions. Having said that, the ability of a peacock personality type colleague to take charge of situations might sometimes shake up their co-workers. It can also let them change their attitude toward work.
The strong desire of a peacock personality to lead might let them suggest changes or make decisions that go well beyond the scope of their power.
2. As a subordinate
As subordinates, peacock personalities go beyond their capacity to prove their mettle and impress their managers. They are dedicated and act based on their perceptions. These subordinates are capable of handling multiple tasks and have great competence and quality.
Their attitude attracts some negativities in workplaces as well. Some managers might take undue advantage of peacock subordinates’ work ethic. They do so by presenting them with too many requests or giving them additional work to handle.
Even though these subordinates are capable of standing up for their rights, they might still accept extra responsibilities for maintaining peace in workplaces. On top of this, they would even do so to avoid letting others down.
3. As a manager
Working in the capacity of a manager in an organization comes naturally to a peacock personality type. They possess the requisite insight and charisma within themselves. Peacock personality managers can express their thoughts while leading a team. These professionals even make sure that their teams embrace their capacities and do well in performing their responsibilities.
They look at each team member as someone who possesses unique potential and important gifts. Hence, employees consider working with this type of manager exciting and meaningful. Peacock personality type manager enables their employees to develop themselves into better human beings.
Despite all these, the idealistic approach from a manager of this personality type might prevent them from realizing the actual limitations that exist within their employees. Hence, they could assign their employees those tasks for which they may not be ready. Then the move backfires completely.
Luckily, these managers can use their personal judgment and emotional intelligence to set things straight. It can make them strike the right balance between inspiring employees to grow and pushing their limits too far.
Peacock Personality and Career Options
Peacock personalities find a great sense of fulfillment in taking up those jobs, which allows them to help others achieve their goals. These professionals can use their zeal and creativity to implement different ways of doing good for society. Doing so might allow them to serve and uplift the morale of others in almost any work environment.
Their ability to socialize along with the use of emotional intelligence helps them excel in people-oriented job processes. They feel motivated in job roles that let them guide other individuals to learn, grow and attain more independence.
Following are some of the most ideal career options which peacock personality types can pursue to become successful in their professional fields –
- Interior Designer
- Insurance Sales Executive
- Preschool Teacher
- Faculty Member
- Healthcare Administrator
- Clergy Member
- Home Economist
Core Strengths of Peacock Personalities
Each individual, irrespective of their personality type possesses some strengths that make them lead a good life. They must keep focusing on those positives for overcoming precarious situations and moving ahead in the right direction.
The same applies to peacock personalities as well. Let us now briefly talk about some of the core strengths that help them lead happy and meaningful lives.
1. They are receptive
People with peacock personalities always have strong opinions to share with others, but despite this fact, they are not close-minded. They realize the importance of allowing others the luxury of expressing themselves uninhibitedly.
There are situations when peacock personalities do not agree with someone’s views. Even under those circumstances, they still agree that the person has every right to voice whatever they feel is right.
2. They are dependable
These individuals are so reliable for others that they always hate letting their expectations down in any situation. Even the thought of doing the same tends to bother peacock personalities a lot.
One can count on them to see through their promises and responsibilities. No matter how difficult it is, peacock personality type individuals make sure to fulfill them to the best of their abilities.
3. Act with Compassion
Peacock personalities are compassionate people. They cannot see anyone suffer in their lives. Hence, they do their best to make others feel good in some way or the other. These individuals carry a deep desire for bringing about a positive change in society.
Moreover, they possess the great quality of bringing people together. Peacock personality types believe that doing so would enable them to do a world of good for society. It can make people understand the importance of teamwork.
4. They Exude a Lot of Charm
If you are in touch with a peacock personality type individual, you would find them to be having a charming demeanor. They possess a whole lot of determination and tend to become an inspiration for others. Hence, it becomes easier for them to undertake leadership roles.
No matter whatever role they take up in their course of life, they perform tasks to the best of their abilities. Whether they act as the captain of a sports team or undertake responsibilities as a leader on the world stage, they firmly set their sights on their goal. Hence, they are always of great service to others.
Core Pitfalls of Peacock Personalities
No one in this world can call themselves perfect, who does not have flaws in their personality. There is bound to be some kind of weakness or the other, which creates obstacles on one’s path to success. It holds even in the case of peacock bird personalities as well.
Therefore, individuals must recognize their weaknesses, invest time and effort into overcoming them, and finally convert them into strengths. Doing so would surely help people attain success in their personal and professional lives.
The weaknesses and pitfalls in peacock bird personalities are as follows –
1. They Are Unrealistic
One of the worst habits that peacock personalities possess is their tendency to put undue pressure on themselves for converting every wrong thing into right. No matter how hard they try to do it, it is not at all a realistic move. No one can resolve all kinds of problems that occur in the world.
They must take care of themselves. They must not go overboard in trying to do something, which is beyond their capacity. Otherwise, they might struggle to offer genuine help to anyone in the future.
2. They Are Excessively Idealistic
People with peacock bird personality types have clear ideas to differentiate between what is right and what is wrong. They often feel that everyone carries these basic principles within themselves. Unfortunately, the reality is completely different from their thought process.
Therefore, it can come as a terrible shock for them, if they see people violating their basic values like truth or justice. There is also a chance that their relationships might also suffer a great deal because of their expectations.
3. They tend to Rule Over Others
These personality types love teaching others about the reasons behind certain happenings in their lives. They even resort to making people follow their beliefs, which matter to them a lot. There are occasions when their attempts of enlightening others can come across as demeaning to some.
Some of them might feel as if peacock personalities are trying to project them as those who do not know how to go about leading their lives properly. It is sufficient to make people feel insulted. Therefore, it is not the ideal way to persuade others into carrying out some duties.
4. They Possess a Whole Lot of Intensity
Peacock bird personality types are never short on enthusiasm. It is especially true when they have to work on improving themselves. Unfortunately, they may not realize that not every individual would possess this quality.
Therefore, they can push others hard to enforce those changes into their lives for which they are still not ready. Thus, it might hurt how people see peacock personalities and also negatively impact their relationships as well.
What Do Peacock Personality Types Love?
There are numerous things, which serve as sources of motivation in the lives of peacock personality types. They include the following –
- Peacocks love exploring new ideas and checking how they can implement them for changing the lives of others.
- These individuals love those who show interest in exploring all the surprises they have created.
- Peacock personalities love undertaking varieties of responsibilities every day.
- Looking into various options can make them feel good before they decide to take the final decision about something.
- While undertaking any personal or professional work, peacock personalities not only indulge themselves in creative thinking but also expect the same from others.
- It gives them immense joy in having the freedom to do whatever they like.
- Peacocks love to face challenges and experience sensations in their lives.
- There is a great level of thrill and excitement among peacock personalities in managing various responsibilities at once.
- These people like spontaneity and adopt flexible approaches to bringing forth rapid changes.
- Peacock personalities love staying busy, handling chaotic situations, and enjoying having noise around them.
What Do Peacock Personality Types Hate?
No one in this world likes everything they come across during their life. They are bound to hate certain things in both their personal and professional lives. It happens with the peacock personality type as well.
Let us briefly look into the detail regarding what they hate –
- These people hate facing rejection from others.
- It becomes tough for peacock personalities to indulge themselves in debates.
- Conflict is something that these individuals always try to stay away from during their course of life.
- As peacock personality types are creative, they hate being put under a fixed routine and suffer from boredom.
- They do not like having stagnancy during any stage of their life.
- Narrow-minded people cause a lot of irritation among peacock personalities and hence tend to hate them.
- Pitying oneself for their precarious condition in life is something that these people hate doing for themselves. They also do not like when others resort to these tactics.
- Peacock personality types do not prefer when others make them restrict their freedom.
Style of Communication
When you are dealing with peacock personalities, either personally or across professional setups, there are certain things you must keep note of, to make your interactions meaningful.
Let us look into the details below –
- You must give them every opportunity to express their viewpoints, experiences, and several other things they like talking about. It is because peacock personality types love receiving appreciation from others.
- Display your love and admiration toward them.
- Shower them with sincere praises now and then while having any interaction.
- You should always assure them of your support across different spheres of life.
- While communicating with peacock personality types, you must try to create an enthusiastic atmosphere and remain optimistic.
- Try to refrain from making conflicting statements.
- Avoid expressing yourself in such a manner that might make a peacock personality type experience a sense of domination or as if you are ignoring their suggestions.
- Never shy away from helping them out with suggestions on what they must do as peacock personalities enjoy receiving others’ advice.
Stress Triggers of Peacock Personality
Stress arises when someone feels pressured to do what they never want to at any stage of their life. Every individual goes through phases of stress and tension at some point in time or the other during their personal and professional lives. The sort of triggers differ from one person to another.
It applies to peacock personalities as well. Their stress triggers are as follows –
- Peacock personality types come under stress and tension when faced with conflicting situations.
- Focusing on stereotyped and repetitive tasks make them feel stressed out.
- When someone does not appreciate their effort, a peacock personality type individual would suffer from a lot of stress.
- Going against their beliefs and values is another trigger for stress among peacock personality types.
- Having to feel too much about anything can be extremely stressful.
- If anyone misunderstands a peacock personality’s viewpoint, they can get irritated and experience stress.
- These people always want others to have complete trust in their abilities. Whenever this is not visible, they suffer from stress.
- Someone with a peacock personality loves to follow a set plan. Any deviation from the same turns out to be a reason for their stress.
How Do They Handle Stress?
No matter how much anyone wants to remain stress-free throughout, it is incredibly difficult for an individual to avoid stress considering the variety of challenges they face while handling a range of responsibilities in life.
Therefore, people need to adopt different tactics, which can help them relax and attain peace of mind. Peacock personalities also adopt certain strategies that allow them to overcome stress, tension and feel good about their life.
They are as follows –
- Peacock personality types prefer to discuss their problems with a close friend or any family member and help relieve themselves from stress.
- Doing some exercises can enable them to cool down their nerves and make them attain peace of mind.
- They have the habit of withdrawing themselves from all those situations that are causing stress. It makes them adapt to new environments.
- Spending time outside can be of great help for these individuals to come out from stress.
- These people can even watch comedy movies, which would make them laugh their hearts out, enjoy and wither away their stress into thin air.
- Writing thoughts down on a piece of paper can be an extremely effective option for getting mental peace.
- Positive affirmations which help remind themselves that struggles can make you mentally stronger, might do them a world of good.
Summing Up from “ThePleasantPersonality”
In this article, we have discussed in detail various aspects of peacock bird personality types, which enable us to understand how they deal with various relationships across personal and professional lives.
Moreover, it has talked about all those things they love and hate while leading their lives, how others should communicate with these individuals, the factors which result in stress, and the measures they adopt for overcoming them.
If you wish to discover your inner self, you can start by taking our personality tests.