DiSC S personality variations include two other distinct personality work styles of the ‘steady’ type that have their own set of characteristics and behavior patterns. These two variants are the blends of the other work styles that are closely connected with the S style.
DiSC S has two variants; namely SC style and Si style. In this article, we will discuss in detail about these two variants.
DiSC S Personality Variations
The type S in the DiSC assessment is calm and composed. They are modest, patient, and highly trustworthy. These individuals believe in building human relationships in workplaces. Their even-tempered nature is quite attractive and others consider them humble, helpful, and friendly. People with the S traits are also steady and stable. They thrive in work environments that are predictable and don’t look into changes every now and then.
Most importantly, S types follow a reserved communication style. They prefer to listen to new ideas and opinions more than speak about them publicly. They are not shy yet prefer to maintain a low-key social life. They are friendly with everyone and quite helpful as well but maintain a quiet public life. This is because they do not expect appreciation for their kind acts.
They prefer one-to-one communication instead of sharing their opinions with a group of people. DiSC S style is not dominating and power-hungry. They believe in doing work as a team and are known as excellent team players. Since they dislike conflict, they may tend to follow others in the team much more than lead others in desired ways as per their wishes.
They are slow-paced and detail-oriented personalities and cannot accept work that is done hurriedly. These individuals also prefer stability and as such they always wish to keep things the same. They prefer justice and will take a strong stand in favor of their teammates.
In the DiSC S profile, there can be two personality variations such as the SC style and the Si style. These two styles are supportive and quick to meet others’ needs. There are finer differences between these two styles. On one hand, the SC style is steady and conscientious while the Si style is supportive yet influential.
The SC type is pragmatic, logical, and driven by high ideals. The Si is pushy at times and tends to persuade and influence others subtly. The SC style is meticulous, methodical, and reality-oriented. However, the DiSC Si type loves collaboration as well as leadership. They love to lead others through persuasion and humility.
Both these variations of DiSC S are compassionate and approachable. They believe in harmony and act as stabilizers in conflicting work situations.
The SC style
The DiSC SC style is modest, humble, and sober. They are always consistent, and meticulous, and love to create an environment of stability and security for all in the workplace. They are accommodating and prefer to make steady progress in life. Given the ability to maintain harmony, they always prefer to relate with others cordially.
The DiSC SC style dislikes uncertainties and chaotic life situations. Sometimes, in the face of interaction and communication, they appear diplomatic with an aura of patience. As they prefer harmony and dislike conflicts, the SC-styled person readily listens to others’ requests.
People with SC’s work style are people-oriented and prefer to maintain empathy in their workplace relationships. These individuals promote collaboration and avoid competition as much as possible. They prefer a specific plan of action and resist change because it makes them feel weak from the inside.
Some of the characteristics that define their behavior style in workplaces are as follows:
- DiSC SC types are humble and diplomatic at the same time
- They are patient and believe in maintaining harmony around them
- People with DiSC SC style are driven by their need to maintain stability
- They are consistent and have high levels of self-control
- In times of stress, SC styled people become inflexible and try to follow the set routine only
- They hate changes and resist spontaneity in their daily life
- The DiSC SC style gets anxious under too much workload. They hate chaos and uncertainty in life
- They will follow reliable work procedures and resists trying out novel ways
- They dislike initiating conversations that may lead to conflicts and disagreements
- People with DiSC SC style are not quick decision-makers. They are cautious and careful while taking a call on something that seems important to them
DiSC profile SCs are motivated by their need to maintain stability and security in life. They are driven by certainty and sameness. Therefore, they are reluctant to take up new risks that may pose a threat to their mental well-being. Sometimes they get stubborn with routines and schedules and prefer to stick to the same work style so that no changes are made in the system.
- These individuals feel frustrated when things seem to appear uncertain and unpredictable.
- They prefer safe work environments that are stable and ensure them a proper routine
- People with SC personalities are motivated to help others who are facing challenges in life.
- They are motivated to work accurately
- They are motivated by good work ethics and take pride in the team’s overall achievements
- The DiSC SC style is motivated to do high-quality work and never likes if they make mistakes of any sort
- They are good at understanding errors and removing the same from the system
- The DiSC SC style is organized, so they are motivated by hard work and precision.
- People with DiSC SC style are driven by their passion to do the best work possible. Therefore they prefer to operate behind the scenes and dislike coming in the front in the workplace.
Areas of strengths
Their key areas of expertise are as follows:
- They can act as peacemakers in conflicting situations.
- As they are never driven by ego, they show humility and gratitude in every situation at workplaces and elsewhere
- Prefers to take everyone while working on a group project
- They can compromise if the situation calls for
- Meticulous and organized in their daily work
- Their collaborative mindset helps all others in the team to grow and develop their respective skill sets while a team project is going on
- The DiSC SC is diplomatic and even-tempered. They are soft-spoken and prefer to maintain a low-profile, simple lifestyle
- They have the ability to listen with patience
- The DiSC SC style will always follow their work commitments and it makes them the best employees in the organization
Weaknesses of SC style
None of us are perfect as far as personality dynamics are concerned. Therefore, The DiSC SC person also has his/her share of blind spots. Some of their notable weaknesses consist of the following inefficiencies.
- As they dislike conflicts and disagreements, they may please others much more even when it is not required.
- People with SC personalities can simmer issues easily
- They resist change and never allow themselves to taste varied work forms. Challenges can make them feel nervous and they start behaving in odd ways on the team
- Sometimes, when they are unable to separate emotions from factual data, they may feel stressed out and defensive
- They often isolate themselves when things do not work out as per their preference and style
- SC personalities look for compromise whenever they find themselves in a conflicting situation. In this way, they comply with the opinions and ideas of others even when they know it’s incorrect. This makes them please others intentionally because they hate to face harsh conflicts in all areas of life.
The Si style
The Si personalities are humble and approachable. Like all other DiSC s styles, they are conflict resistant and prefer to maintain peace and harmony in the tram. In the face of conflicts, they listen to other’s opinions and ideas and comply with them. The DISC Si style is the counselor and the collaborator. Thus, you can expect them to negotiate and maintain harmony in workplaces as always.
People with the DiSC S personality type are supportive and accepting. They will always help others sincerely no matter how difficult that situation may look. They show care and concern for others and prefer to create a warm atmosphere for all others in the workplace. As leaders, Si personalities follow democratic leadership styles. They listen to what others have to say or contribute to the matter at hand. Therefore, Si people are liked as managers by their teammates.
As they can easily adjust and adapt to others’ style of work, they never have foes in workplaces. Others like their soft-tempered, humble nature. People with Si personalities are known for their collaboration and cooperation. They encourage others to express their respective atmospheres so that each and every member of the team gets the chance to contribute to the overall team efforts.
DiSC Si individuals are welcoming by nature. Thus, they go out of their way to include others in the team. They prefer to create a warm work atmosphere where everyone gets a chance to be heard and understood and not judged critically.
Some of their dominant characteristics are as follows:
- They are generous, humble, and warm-hearted
- Optimistic and prefers to see the bright side of others
- Si individuals desire acceptance and close human bonding
- Si personality will always influence others with empathy and patience
- They never make others feel down because they never misbehave in workplaces
- They like to show patience and avoid confrontations at all costs
- Facing the wrath and aggression of others makes them feel vulnerable. Therefore they avoid conflicts even in situations that call for direct confrontation
- They have a service-oriented mindset and like to remain upfront as far as their daily work is concerned
People with DiSC SC personality value collaboration and cooperation. They are driven by the urge to assist others, resolve conflicts peacefully, and remain a part of a close-knit cohesive workforce. They are motivated to build long-term, trustworthy relationships in workplaces.
These individuals are humble and helpful. They believe in building humane connections that are accepting, empathetic, and supportive. They look for stability and seek routine and consistency in their workplaces. As they are motivated to maintain peace and harmony, they are driven by their need to resolve confrontations; if at all arise. Sometimes, they act as peacemakers and are motivated to build a harmonious workforce.
Areas of strengths
Some of their key strengths and areas of expertise are as follows:
- They are naturally tuned toward building human connections and bonding. So, as employees, they are very supportive and kind.
- They will put others’ needs before their own
- The SC personality style helps others in accomplishing goals
- Adapts to situations easily and rarely complains about things not working as per their choice
- Involves others in how things can be done in the team. These individuals believe in cooperation and collaboration
- While making changes in team planning or anything else, they will always consider the impact of their decision on the future progress of the goal
- They promote teamwork and never acknowledge personal achievements as higher than the team efforts
- They will always optimistically evaluate others and can inspire them to give their best in everything
- In tough situations, they maintain calmness and never show irritation and annoyance
Weaknesses of Si style
There are some subtle bind spots that these individuals need to overcome for their overall personality growth.
- They may feel uncomfortable when facing aggressive and assertive people
- The Si Style person is highly emotional and may not detach themselves well in emotionally charged situations
- As they are not forceful in nature, others tend to use them for meeting their respective needs
- These individuals are too considerate of others’ feelings and as such fails to maintain an emotional boundary in workplace relationships
- They are too nice and fail to say ‘no’. Therefore, they become a scapegoat in many situations where others overpower them easily for being too good.
Summing Up from ‘ThePleasantPersonality’
The two variations of the DiSC S style show minor differences in their overall behavior. They have similar traits that define them as steady, supportive, and calm personality types. Moreover, people with type S variations are always humble and considerate managers and employees.
They are known for their people-oriented mindset. People with this work style prefer to maintain interpersonal harmony and collaboration in workplaces.