Dr. William Marston developed the concept of bird personality in the late 1920s where he mentions that an individual’s personality can be categorized under four main personalities, Dove, Owl, Peacock, and Eagle. Someone with a dove bird personality style portrays characteristics and other demeanors that are present inside a Dove.
The following article will give you a clear picture of the various aspects that lie within this dove bird personality type, which help them lead their life better –
Dove Bird Personality
The dove personality style is empathetic and supportive. All those who are in tune with this style bring harmony wherever they go and create a stable, safe, and predictable environment for themselves and the people around them. They are soft-spoken and enjoy building close-knit relationships within tight circles.
Dove bird personality style people are always ready to help others whenever they need their assistance. They are good listeners and can extend their helping hands to make others sail through tough times.
Just like the peace-loving bird, people with these personality types also feel safe when they stay together with like-minded individuals and like sticking to familiar social circles.
They are not only helpful but also kind, and willing to share their knowledge with others. These people prefer to blend themselves into a crowd and not show up alone. It is because they do not like being the center of attention. They would rather enjoy sharing credit along with the team and pinpoint others’ contributions. It would not matter at all for them even if they do not get noticed.
TAKE OUR FREE PERSONALITY TESTS
Evaluate yourself with our personality tests that are clinically approved by Certified Psychiatrist and draw a path to successful work life and happy relationships.
Signs That Someone Has a Dove Personality
Following are the indications or signs to suggest that someone has a Dove bird personality type –
- They love socializing with others.
- You are loyal, consistent, and possess a friendly attitude.
- You need to have the necessary guidance and receive proper directions to move ahead in life.
- These individuals enjoy being in groups and do not want to grab the limelight.
- You always try to focus on maintaining peace and harmony by staying away from conflict.
- You have a nice and gentle demeanor while making no compromises in implementing your skills to perfection for getting any work done.
- These people always look forward to doing someone good not only for themselves but also for others.
- They enjoy working in comfortable environments and hate those which tend to be extremely demanding.
- Dove bird personality type individuals are romantic.
- They love to relax, enjoy romanticism and make good use of their time.
- It is a normal practice for these people to find out the weaknesses and inadequacies that exist among others.
- If you are a dove bird personality type, then you will know how to make people happy and respect others by listening to their perspectives.
- You will easily get affected by the changes in your environment and hence experience happiness and sadness in no time.
- Dove personality types would often worry about unwanted problems.
- They know how to describe and make conclusions in their course of life.
Dove Personality in Relationships
We have already discussed what dove bird personality type is all about and the signs that would help others identify these people.
It is now time to see how they manage different kinds of relationships –
Dove Personality as a Romantic Partner/Spouse
An individual with a dove personality type tends to project themselves as a dreamer and idealist when it comes to dealing with romance. They firmly believe in the power of love and the beauty associated with the same. Thus, they would never want to settle for anything else in their lives. When a dove bird personality type person is your spouse or romantic partner, it is evident that they would have high expectations from the relationship.
The best thing about them is that they do not just want to have someone by their side, but have a soulmate. They take pride in having the ability to overlook their partner’s social status, appearance, and possessions but focus on more meaningful and deeper signs of compatibility. People with dove personality types have set standards that they wish to look for in their romantic partners.
Their active minds and power of imagination help them do so. Despite having this mindset, these people gradually learn that it takes understanding, investment of time, effort and compromise for securing true love in a relationship. Thus, they take great pleasure in putting in the requisite effort for strengthening their relationship.
When they are in love, dove personality type individuals express the level of passion that runs beneath their sedate outer personality. As romantic partners, they are loyal and show complete devotion toward their better half. They always respect the independence of their partner and accept them just the way they are.
Dove Personality as a Parent
As a parent with this personality type, you would guide your children to constantly learn and grow in their lives. They show their warmth, care, and open-mindedness, which enable them to give complete freedom to their children. This freedom is to form their opinions about the happenings around them, develop their interests, and grow themselves to form identities of their own.
These parents help balance these freedoms through the creation of a steady foundation made of support and acceptance. They want to make their children realize how much they love and care for them.
Even though dove personality type parents enjoy raising free-spirited children, that does not mean they do not have any control over them. Parents of these personalities want their children to understand the real meaning of personal responsibility, particularly when it is about not causing hurt to others.
Dove personality type parents carry out their responsibilities with utmost seriousness. Hence, they consider it a failure when their children start misbehaving to different extents. Any sort of behavior that seems unethical in the eyes of these parents would upset them a lot. They tend to become obsessed with the notion that they have failed as a parent if they cannot establish proper results for the actions of their children.
Dove Personality as a Friend
A dove personality type individual treats friendship as something very precious. They see it as an opportunity to lift each others’ spirits and change one another’s lives for the better. These people genuinely believe in the age-old saying, ‘A Friend in Need is a Friend Indeed.’ Fewer things than friendship help dove personalities experience a sense of purpose which allows them to be there for someone they truly care about.
Due to their inclination toward making an intense investment in these relationships, these people feel a sense of fulfillment when they can spend their time with a circle of friends that is small and intimate.
They look forward to having long-lasting, genuine friendships with individuals who share intentions for thinking and feeling deeply, doing the right thing at the right time, and giving more to the world than taking from it.
Another important thing to note is that dove personalities are more than capable of building friendships with people from different backgrounds, but they do not realize the same now and then. They have perspective and intuitive traits in their personality, which help draw them toward a variety of perspectives, thereby helping them appreciate friends who carry points of view and experiences different from what they hold within themselves.
Dove Personality in Workplace
A dove personality type person wants to feel a sense of purpose in their workplace. Whenever they do any job, it allows them to cultivate a moral and an emotional connection to what they do. Thereby, they look for reassurance that their daily efforts are helping their colleagues in some form or the other.
It is now time to see how they handle different positions in their workplace –
1. As a colleague
When someone with a dove personality type is your colleague, they would focus on maintaining equality and fairness while dealing with their co-workers. They will always want to do their bit to ensure that everyone feels valued and has a sense of encouragement for sharing their ideas, irrespective of their job role.
As colleagues, they act as the glue to make this a reality. Despite not having a loud voice, workmates often admire dove personalities for their insight. Hence, co-workers often reach out to them for any kind of advice. Due to their kind-hearted and pleasant nature, dove personality type colleagues do not like conflict, drama, or any sort of politics at the workplace.
Rather, they try to adopt ways that promote cooperation and harmony. Whenever anyone needs help while at work, dove personalities extend their helping hands without expecting to get recognition or praise in return.
2. As a subordinate
As subordinates, dove personality types show loyalty, remain upbeat, and adopt considerate attitudes toward their responsibilities. They take a lot of pride in their honesty and doing the right thing under all circumstances. These individuals also feel a sense of gratification by pleasing others, right from their seniors to their customers. When they receive praise and appreciation for their contribution, the motivation level of dove personalities goes up.
On the other hand, criticism or negative feedback can result in these personalities shutting themselves down. If their boss carries a negative mindset, these employees might struggle to fulfill their responsibilities. Other than this, any sort of disturbance like receiving regular mail or getting calls can easily take their minds away from the job at hand.
These employees enjoy having freedom at the workplace. It would allow them to use their intellect and creativity for getting rid of ineffective and old ways of undertaking responsibilities. They prefer having clear-cut expectations and set deadlines to stay on track.
3. As a manager
While taking up the role of a manager, it is least likely that a dove bird personality type individual will act in a way to suggest that they are in charge. They respect their employees as human beings, not just as workers. Rather than taking all the decisions by themselves, a manager of the dove personality type would often encourage their subordinates to express their opinions.
The good thing is that they will never micromanage while overlooking operations in their organization. Instead, they would always set their sights on the bigger picture. They consider it their responsibility to support their employees but not tell them what to do and ways to do it.
There is a negative side to this style of management. Sometimes, dove personality type managers might face problems in setting boundaries, locating inefficiencies, or criticizing others for their approach toward work, even when it is needed. It can significantly slow things down within the team and create unnecessary stress and tension.
Dove Personality and Career Options
As dove bird personality types are soft-spoken individuals, apart from being cooperative and methodical, hence they thrive in those roles that let them serve others.
They are naturally drawn toward helping people come out of trouble and making their lives better. These individuals enjoy having the opportunity to use their freedom, creativity, and sincere need to get in touch and help others. Doing these can also help them shine and make them flourish in their careers.
Some of the best career options for a dove personality type individual are as follows –
- Physical Instructor
- Survey Worker
- Lab Technician
- Social Worker
- Market Research Analyst
Core Strengths of Dove Personalities
Every individual, irrespective of their personality type, carries some strengths that help them lead a better life. One must always focus on them to overcome tight situations and move ahead in the course of life.
It is applicable even for those with the dove personality type. Let us now discuss some of the core strengths that help them lead happy and fruitful lives.
1. Avoid Taking Risks
People belonging to dove bird personality types enjoy their lives in peace and harmony. Due to this reason, they never indulge in any kind of conflict with others in their personal and professional lives.
Hence, they can easily go through their lives without taking risks and hence always manage to maintain cordial relations with all sorts of people.
2. They are Trustworthy
One of the biggest strengths that exist inside the personality of any individual is their trustworthy nature. When you are honest and people can depend on you for any kind of help, it is nothing short of a blessing.
Fortunately, dove personalities have this quality within them and it allows these individuals to attract people toward them and seek their guidance in their path of life.
3. Takes Things Easy
Someone with a dove bird personality type always carries the ability to adopt an easygoing approach in life. No matter how tough a situation is, they will find a way to relax and deal with it in a relaxed manner and get their work done.
This attitude enables them to remain free from stress and tension. They can keep things simple, devoid of all sorts of complications.
4. They are Patient
Dove personality types have a great level of patience to deal with the complexities and adversities of life. It allows them to carefully look into the problems and chalk out strategies for overcoming them with ease and comfort.
Due to this reason, these people never get perturbed by problems. These people have the belief that they will always promote peace and harmony across all environments.
Core Pitfalls of Dove Personalities
No one in this world can call themselves perfect. As they say “To Err Is Human”, this holds in every step of life. There are bound to be weaknesses or pitfalls across different personalities. The same is applicable for dove personality type people as well.
They can come up as hurdles on your path to success. Hence, you must recognize your weaknesses, work on them and convert those into strengths to get success in your personal and professional lives.
Following are some of the pitfalls or weaknesses in dove personalities –
1. They are followers
Dove bird personalities are peaceful and of quiet nature. Their demeanor is such that they cannot take a stand and make their voices heard when they are in a group. They would prefer following others and abiding by their instructions.
This weakness does not hold them in good stead and makes them susceptible to exploitation. There are people in this world, who would not think twice before taking undue advantage of this loophole.
2. Trusts easily
This world is made of honest and treacherous people. Thus, one must analyze situations and differentiate between these two classes of people. This is what dove personality types fail to do. They cannot judge people’s intentions.
Hence, these people take everything at face value and then go through problems in their lives. Trusting others easily is the worst habit that an individual can have in their personality. Unfortunately, a dove personality type individual has it in them.
3. Depends on others
People with dove bird personality types struggle to take initiative and fulfill tasks on their own. They always have to depend on other individuals to receive necessary advice and assistance for securing desired results in their lives.
This is a pitfall that tends to slow down the progress of these individuals. They can never develop the confidence and belief to carry out any activity without depending on their friends, colleagues, or acquaintances.
4. They have a sense of predictability
One must always have a sense of uncertainty within their personality to keep the surprise element intact, but dove personality type individuals have none within them.
It is straightforward for others to predict each move of dove personalities and decide their action plan accordingly. Thus, these people fail to keep any secret.
What Do Dove Personality Types Love?
Several things serve as sources of motivation in the lives of dove personality types. They include the following –
- They love and feel motivated when people pass their judgments on to them.
- It gives them great joy to share those things that they consider as true.
- Dove bird personalities enjoy when they have opportunities of sharing their ideas with others.
- These people love the feeling of working in a team.
- When they have the chance to offer their sincere help to others, dove personality types feel good.
- While working in organizations, dove personality types would prefer having clear instructions on what they need to do.
What Do Dove Personality Types Hate?
There are several aspects of life that people hate in their personal and professional lives. The same applies to dove personality types as well.
They include the following –
- Dove personalities hate losing security and stability in their lives.
- They do not like dealing with people who are unkind, aggressive, and uncooperative in their behaviors.
- These people hate those who are insensitive and make them feel secluded.
- As people with dove personality types love working in teams, hence they do not enjoy being in environments that do not promote teamwork.
- Dove bird personalities love being in peace. Thus, they hate conflicts and controversies.
- These individuals hate taking hasty actions, show impatience with others, and display negativities in their behaviors.
- They do not enjoy doing multiple tasks at a time and working under strict deadlines.
- It becomes a big headache for dove personality individuals if they have to make decisions.
- These people hate becoming the center of attention.
- Dove personalities hate indulging themselves in competitions.
Style of Communication
Let us look into the aspects people must take into account while communicating with dove personality types –
- An individual must create a joyous atmosphere while interacting with a dove personality type. As they receive motivation from praise and appreciation, hence, people must make sure to do the same with utmost sincerity.
- While having a one-to-one interaction with a dove personality type person, an individual needs to adopt a friendly tone.
- One must always avoid criticizing dove personalities in front of others. They will always accept criticism if one does so privately.
- When they need guidance and advice, people must do so by giving them instructions in a step-by-step manner.
- An individual must not indulge in confrontations while communicating with a dove personality type.
Stress Triggers of Dove Personality
Stress is something that occurs when we are unable to tackle emotional or mental stress and start feeling overwhelmed. Every single individual goes through periods of stress and tension in their lifetime but their triggers differ from one person to another.
It applies to dove personality type individuals as well. They can come under stress for the following reasons –
- Dove bird personalities feel stressed out when they face harsh criticism from others.
- When there is a need to analyze some facts or data, it causes stress and tension among dove personalities.
- As people with these personality types love carrying out their duties in their way, making them follow strict routines results in stress.
- These individuals need to be among people they know. Therefore, stress appears whenever they have to be among unknown faces.
- Listening to negative comments and coming across pessimistic behaviors cause stress and tension for dove personalities.
How Do They Handle Stress?
Stress does not do any good to people of any personality type. Rather, it makes people do stuff that they would otherwise not undertake ever in their lives.
Therefore, it is necessary to relax, take your mind away from situations or things causing stress, or find a way for overcoming stress and start leading your lives in peace. Similarly, dove bird personality types also have some specific ways of tackling stress, which would help restore peace and happiness in life.
Let us now briefly look into some of the stress-relieving techniques that dove personalities adopt in their lives –
- Dove bird personality types look to spend some time alone and gather their thoughts for getting rid of stress.
- They tend to indulge in daily exercises for keeping their minds fresh and healthy.
- It gives them great pleasure in reading a book and relaxing their mind.
- Avoid taking extra responsibilities in life.
- They will reach out to someone who would show empathy and listen to your problem.
- These people can get a lot of relief from stress if they can listen to their favorite music that helps cool down their nerves.
- Praying or meditating can offer numerous benefits and help release stress and tension from the minds of dove personalities.
- Creating any form of art can be extremely relaxing, take away all the stress, and make people with dove personality types feel comfortable.
Summing Up from “ThePleasantPersonality”
Dove bird personality types love peace and harmony in their lives. These people would always want to have everything under control and not face uncertainties. Safety and security are of utmost importance in the lives of dove personalities. They will hate to take risks and make themselves suffer from stress and tension.
If you wish to discover your inner self, you can start by taking our personality tests.