Enneagram 1 personality description provides an elaborate and easy understanding of type 1s and how they behave in everyday life. People with enneagram type 1 preference are the trailblazers of idealism and perfection. They envision a bright future for themselves and others.
These individuals are on a mission to bring change in this world. They are keen to change the social order that is unfair and want equal rights for all. In short, Enneagram 1s are the idealists who wish to create a better future for all.
They are never lazy and unmotivated, rather believe only in hard work and passion to accomplish goals in life. Enneagram 1s are pragmatic thinkers. Their life is seamlessly planned and organized. These individuals are armed with dedication and perseverance.
As such, they have internalized the fact that life needs to be led with hard work and effort. Nothing comes for free and one has to walk along the path of perfection in order to achieve big things as wished for.
Let’s know them in detail here…..
Enneagram 1 Personality Description
Enneagram 1 is driven by values and perfection. Their sense of right and wrong is discernible in all aspects of their life and living. Nicknamed as ‘perfectionists’ or ‘reformers’; enneagram 1s are committed to change the world for the betterment of all.
The simple way to describe an enneagram 1 is by saying that they are self-disciplined, rational, objective, and morally inclined. These individuals place less importance to emotions, instead they make sure that logic is used while making important life decisions.
They are bold, assertive, and meticulous. They are neat and organized in their daily work. People with Enneagram 1s are a bit stubborn and change resistant. If anything goes against their core values, they may not accept it or try to adjust with the different opinion.
Given the ability to think and act logically, they hate social drama. Any sorts of social niceties that can camouflage the person’s true nature are not liked by them.
Enneagram 1s prefer authenticity and clarity. They are practical-minded and rely upon concrete facts and observable data to make vital decisions in life. Ones always believe in their intuition and inner calling. They are guided by intuition and rational thinking, and this could also make them behave like unemotional nerds.
Ones will always set very high standards for themselves. They do not want to fall short of the benchmark. As such, they are careful about making mistakes in life. Enneagram 1s fear being flawed. They will become insecure and doubtful of their abilities if things don’t work out for them, as expected.
They will either become annoyed and angry deep within, or externalize their dissatisfaction outwardly. Their emotional control is poor and it can also make them socially unpopular.
Enneagram 1s are responsible and their work is always systematic and finely curated. These individuals are also image-conscious. They will do the right things always; otherwise fear of being criticized publicly haunts them badly.
They are the reformers of fine living. Ones are busy streamlining improper things. They are driven by a passion to make the world a better place for all.
Enneagram 1s are honest and practical-minded. They hate ambiguous things that lack clarity or carry a double meaning. These people believe that they are always right. This makes them a stubborn being.
They are less inclined to know the other side of the story and this can make their decision making ability look skewed and insensible.
Ones live on values and righteousness. They will not move an inch from their beliefs and values even in the most demanding situation. This personality weakness makes them a non-compromising individual.
They are seen as logical nerds by others who are less emotional and appear cold and distant. Emotionally, Ones appear resentful and frustrated when a situation appears out of control.
In reality, their too much emphasis on perfection makes them ignore their physical and emotional needs. The growing expectations from ‘self’ and others are energy draining and it robs their inner joy and peace as well.
Enneagram 1s run behind perfection. They tend to see flaws in everything and overburden themselves with the need to correct everything around them. With this agenda in mind, they think logically and are all set out for correction and reformation.
Ones are deep thinkers and prefer to dive down in details so that they can pull out all the wrong things out of the system. Their inner dialogue is kept on all the time. So, they keep thinking about how to improve systems around them so that a perfect world is created.
One can think in diverse ways. They see through the details as precisely as possible, leaving no room for mistakes and imperfections. Different points of view will be curated perfectly to decide upon an agenda and deliver the task in the best ways.
Enneagram ones will always try to keep their emotions under control. As they spend time thinking about the consequences and impact of their various actions, they refrain from showing overwhelming emotions unless badly stressed out. They may suffer from repressed anger and seem to be annoyed under stress.
Others may see them as self-controlled and disciplined as far as their emotional expressions are concerned, but they feel overburdened by negative emotions that have piled up inside them, making them more intolerant and stifled from inside.
The emotional reactions of enneagram ones can be manifested outwardly. They may clench their fists yet cannot show their anger outwardly. If they are happy about something, they may blush and feel shy, however they will not say anything verbally.
They are less in touch with their feelings and may appear cold and emotionless at times. As far as their angry responses are concerned, they may not catch up with verbal fights but will show hidden resentments in subtle ways.
Enneagram 1s are the perfectionists. Having wide spectrum goals to accomplish, they will strive hard to attain whatever they have wished for. They are effortlessly organized and love to stay prepared before kick start a goal.
Armed with self-discipline, they are the no-nonsense types who prefer to act upon ideas instead of just creating them inside their heads. Their work quality is unmatched and flawless. They never seem to compromise on values that are dear to them.
More so, they prefer working in structured work environments where the rules and protocol is already laid down. They believe in the saying ‘actions are louder than words’.
Words that best describe an Enneagram 1
The keywords that can best describe an Enneagram type one are as follows:
- Confident and assertive
- Logical and objective
- Crusaders of reformation and change
- Straight talk individuals
- Seeks improvement all the time
- Sets high standards
- Less emotional
- Prone to anger and annoyance
- Just and fair
- Precise and detail-oriented
How common or rare are Enneagram 1s ?
Enneagram 1s are defined by their values and ethical practices. They feel disturbed when they make mistakes and cannot stay perfect in their actions. This highly conscientious nature of Ones makes them do things with utmost efficiency and perfection.
They’re independent minded and hate to be told what needs to be done next. Enneagram 1s prefer fairness and justice, they are in love with order and discipline as well.
They are consistent with their innate set of values and fear doing wrong things in life. Sometimes, their inner critic can be harsh on them, continuously reminding them to stay on the path of righteous living.
Enneagram 1s find it difficult to enjoy their daily living if things are not in order. They feel caged and unproductive in such situations.
According to a survey, Enneagram 1s are not very rare in the population. They comprise 8.9% of the population. There are slightly more men than women. Men hold about 10% place while women are 9% in the population group that was studied.
What Enneagram 1s delight?
Enneagram 1s feel great when they seem to be perfect in the first place. They are not the ones to take failures and setbacks easily. For them, perfection is a reality, not a myth. They strive hard to fulfill their duties with maximum efficiency and flawlessness.
There are certain things about people and situations that they love and delight the most in their daily life.
- They prefer to do things correctly and efficiently.
- Following order and discipline is their first love
- Personal values guide their life’s path in desirable ways.
- They demand high standard work from themselves and others.
- Enneagram 1s love detailing and diving deep into a topic.
- They love full proof stuff to work with. Abstract ideas and imaginations do not interest them much.
- Integrity, honesty, and being good to everyone are their first choice.
- Mistakes are a burden on them. They never relax unless they have sorted out their mistakes in the right way.
- Enneagram 1 delights deep conversations.
- They delight black and while thinking without any hidden intentions or double meaning
- Enneagram 1s prefer high quality work that is consistent with their core values and beliefs.
What does Enneagram 1 hate?
If you are an enneagram 1, you will feel stifled and stuck with the following things around you.
- Enneagram 1s are totally against laziness. They hate to be with laid-back fellows who only speak about ideas but never do anything to put it into action.
- Enneagram 1s never like unfair practices or deception done to others.
- They hate the irresponsible actions of others.
- They hate dishonesty and maliciousness
- Enneagram 1s cannot relate with people whose actions are not consistent with their work.
- Uncertainty and unpredictability irritates them a lot.
- If they find they are not productive or not doing enough in life, they would become self-critical too sooner.
- They hate people who cannot manage time well. Punctuality is dear to them. They hate those who are not time-friendly and prompt with their actions and decision making.
- Indulging in hobbies helps them lift their spirits. So, they would hate it if ‘me time’ is not there for them at work and at home.
- They hate being incorrect and flawed because they’re the idealists in the true sense of the word.
The learning style of enneagram 1
Enneagram 1s are versatile and talented. They are the most efficient people who are driven by the right values to accomplish their life goals. They are independent learners however they will always remain open to new opinions and varied perspectives of others.
- They prefer to dive deep into a topic of learning.
- Enneagram 1s will use logic and rational thinking in making sense of the learned concepts.
- They prefer one to one learning sessions where they can structure their learning environment in the best possible way.
- Enneagram 1s will feel bad if others try to interrupt their thoughts or dismiss their opinions. So, they prefer to learn alone instead of being in a group learning situation.
- Being fiercely independent, they prefer to prove their opinions as correct in a learning situation as possible.
- Enneagram 1s like conceptual and analytical learning because of their inclination towards rationality and objectivity.
- They can memorize concepts better because of their longer attention span.
- Enneagram 1s will always feel blessed when they can use their pat learning in understanding new concepts.
- They are usually good in academic subjects that use objective data and concrete ideas.
- Enneagram 1s are keen observers. They can easily learn by seeing and comprehending various situations around them. So, we can say they learn in practical ways.
- Learning by doing is fun for them as they move on to prove facts that they have learned. T
- These individuals learn the best in structured learning environments with proper curriculum and guidelines in place. They hate ambiguity and abstractness, and cannot perform in messy learning setups.
- They prefer to keep a planner ready and update it according to their learning needs.
- Enneagram 1s are smart inside the classroom. You will see them taking up new challenges in front of their teachers.
- These individuals are independent thinkers and prefer to do a lot of self-study rather than getting mentoring support from teachers.
- They prefer step-by-step methodical learning environments to grasp knowledge in ideal ways.
To Sum Up
In conclusion, we can say that Enneagram 1s are organized and tireless performers. As they live their life adorned with values, they are far away from making a mistake. Even if they commit a mistake, they will try to correct it in the best possible way.
They shape their lives with integrity, perfection, and righteousness. Excellence and success defines their core nature. Enneagram Ones make choices that they are responsible for. These individuals are on a mission to correct the world and make it more practical and perfect as much as possible.