Enneagram 2 personality description denotes that these are sincere, empathetic, and warm-hearted individuals. They are friendly people who possess generosity and have the habit of making sacrifices. Despite having these characteristics, this personality type can be sentimental and can manage to flatter and please people.
These individuals are well-mannered and have the urge to stay close to others. It is especially applicable during their time of need. Being compassionate and going out of their way for others makes Enneagram 2s feel that it is the best and most meaningful way to lead their life.
The extent of love and concern they feel and the good they do for others create warmth in their hearts. It also makes them feel worthwhile. Twos show great interest in the good things in life, which include family, love, friendship, closeness, and sharing. People easily get attracted to them for the good qualities they possess in their personalities.
Enneagram 2 Personality Description
Enneagram 2s are always available to contribute to others’ lives. They are helpful, supportive, and empathetic in nature. Type twos are attuned to the emotional needs of others and can relate with them easily. Enneagram 2s are approachable, caring, and builds harmonious relationships all around them.
Enneagram 2s, who are the healthy type, tend to be selfless people. They are genuine friends with every individual they come across. Their existence lies in giving, and they put a heavy price on all their relationships. They are there to offer a helping hand and are always happy to render their services whenever you need them. Nothing in this world is a matter of great concern for healthy Twos. Their top priority is to serve others.
All those who are unhealthy twos possess an ulterior motive in their acts of kindness and generosity. Therefore, one can easily say that unhealthy Enneagram Twos offer their help either after the fulfilment of a condition. They are selfless in a superficial manner.
People can expect Enneagram 2s to do all kinds of activities on their behalf. They remember the birthdays and anniversaries of their loved ones, hence wishing on those special days to make them feel special and bring smiles to their faces.
You can even expect them to help you make reports, babysit your kids, and care for you when you are not well. Doing all these things comes naturally to Enneagram 2s due to their helpful nature, where they always meet others’ needs ahead of their own.
Does this approach make you feel as if Enneagram Type twos are saints? Do you even think that this habit is only for giving and not asking for anything in return? Unfortunately, it is a big no. It is important not to misunderstand these people. They feel genuinely happy while serving others. There is a complete belief in their selflessness, and their whole image revolves around it.
Hence, they perform well as doctors, nurses, caregivers, homemakers, or any other profession that requires helping someone. These individuals put a lot of effort and time into maintaining relationships with others.
Enneagram 2s sacrifice their needs and desires for them but expect nothing but appreciation from the other end. These people always feel that other individuals will make them feel worthy. According to them, a strong sense of worth depends on the extent of help they can give others.
Enneagram 2 – Thinking Pattern
Enneagram Type Twos are helpful and highly considerate of others’ feelings. They are always aware of their needs and desires. Hence, 2s go out of their way to offer support and safeguard their interests.
As these individuals spend a lot of time and energy on being selfless, their thoughts always reflect the utmost care and concern for others. Twos feel that people look up to them for support. Hence, they must try and meet their expectations at any cost.
They do not spend time thinking about how to meet their needs and aspirations. Enneagram 2 personality type individuals always want to feel valued and significant by helping people. The mental connection with others gives them a feeling of love, pride, and a good self-image.
Enneagram 2s give great importance to themselves as they are proud of being selfless and caring. There are times when these individuals feel confident and extremely special.
Enneagram 2 – Feeling Pattern
At an emotional level, enneagram 2s are compassionate, humble, friendly, helpful, and always feel like giving their attention toward meeting others’ needs. They are ready to make sacrifices for the sake of it.
These people tend to project their energy outward. Hence, it allows them to clearly understand the intense feelings that lie inside the personalities of other individuals.
Enneagram 2 type personality people carry a lot of empathy. They can understand the feelings of others far better than they do for themselves. These type two people can easily stand up for all those who are weak and lack access to basic amenities.
They can assert themselves toward saving people with weaker mentalities from the unfair treatment of the community. Enneagram 2s always stay by their side through thick and thin, thus offering them plenty of moral support and confidence to face the world.
Enneagram 2 is a member of the heart triad. Hence, these individuals are sensitive and want to receive appreciation for their acts of kindness. They might get hurt if someone fails to appreciate their contribution.
Enneagram 2 – Action Pattern
Enneagram 2 personality type individuals give great value to developing intimate bonds and deep-rooted relationships. They hold on to their relationships with great care and kindness, apart from nurturing them with love and acceptance.
These people can draw the attention of others through their compassion and generosity. Enneagram 2s offer praise and compliments to people. Hence, they motivate them to become the best version of themselves.
Twos promptly act when they feel the need to help all those who are in distress. They never think twice before extending their helping hand. Hence, one can consider this Enneagram Type as those who are always proactive in their social circle and can make prompt decisions.
Enneagram 2s are ready to provide favors, suggestions, and advice for the benefit of others. They act whenever they see someone suffering from any problem. It happens when they find that one of their loved ones is in trouble.
How Common or Rare Are Enneagram 2?
Enneagram 2s is the 4th most common among all other Enneagram personality types. They make up 13.7% of the total world population.
Enneagram 2s are more common among women than men. 15% of women possess this personality type compared to only 7% of men. There are several online enneagram personality tests available. Those tests can reveal further details in the future.
What Causes Delight Among Enneagram 2s?
Enneagram 2s are all those individuals who desire to belong and receive love from others. They are always there to care for, help and nurture others. These people find a way to impact others’ lives positively.
Let us now briefly discuss some of the things that bring joy in the life of an Enneagram 2 –
- Enneagram 2s love to involve themselves in the lives of other people.
- They always remain on the lookout for different ways of helping others.
- People with this personality type love staying close to their loved ones.
- Enneagram Type Twos love sharing ideas to enrich others into becoming better individuals.
- These individuals love to develop strong and intense relationships with their friends.
- They enjoy sharing valuable input. Thus, they make a positive contribution to others’ lives.
- An Enneagram 2 loves when people recognize and appreciate their contribution.
- These individuals like to work in teams and contribute toward their success.
- This Enneagram type two personality makes themselves easily approachable.
- They love the idea of treating people with kindness and acting accordingly.
- Enneagram 2s thrive as affectionate and generous partners in romantic relationships.
- These people look forward to receiving their partners’ love, care, and help in equal measure. When they get these things in their relationship, it makes them feel good and appreciated.
What Does Enneagram 2 Hate?
Enneagram 2s firmly believe leading a life for others is the best way to lead their life. They stick to this belief, and it shows in their actions. These people consider compassion and selflessness with utmost seriousness. Thus, they cannot stand those who do not portray these qualities in their personalities.
Enneagram Two personality type individuals take their role as a helper so seriously that they cannot pay attention to meeting their requirements. They possess warmth and consider taking good care of other’s emotions. People also feel easy to approach Enneagram Twos for any assistance.
Following are some of the things that Enneagram Twos hate –
- Enneagram Twos are generous people. Hence, they hate seeing any selfishness in their life. These individuals try to stay away from such people.
- They do not like when someone rudely talks to them.
- These people hate when others do not recognize and appreciate their contribution to life.
- Enneagram Type Twos hate being with people who do not reciprocate similar feelings and sentiments as they do.
- People with this personality type hate when others take them for granted.
- They are dead against criticism.
- Enneagram 2s can burst out suddenly from suppressing their feelings to fulfill others’ needs.
- These individuals hate being part of conflicting situations.
- They do not like those people who try to steal their inner peace.
- Enneagram 2s hate being in touch with individuals who use others for meeting their hidden purposes.
- People with this Enneagram 2 personality type, while being at average levels, suffer from the fear that they are constantly failing to do enough for others.
The Learning Style of Enneagram 2
Enneagram 2s always focus on maintaining relationships and serving others to meet their needs. They never hesitate to offer their helping hand and make people come out of difficult situations with ease.
These individuals never restrict themselves to any specific reason for offering help. They think selflessly and do not attach any condition for helping others. Hence, Enneagram Type Two individuals emotionally connect themselves to their learning experience.
- There are many Enneagram 2s who love to make close interpersonal learning scenarios like mentoring or coaching.
- These individuals do not twice before compromising their learning success to preserve relationships or the image they create for themselves as helpful people.
- Enneagram 2s benefit a lot from setting exact limits and personal boundaries.
- People with this personality type give great value to thoughtfulness and emotional connection. Thus, their ideal environment for learning and development would include group activities and discussions.
- Enneagram 2s might engage more in learning if they can help others or offer their services to a group.
- You can highlight the contribution of an Enneagram 2 personality type person in a group to encourage them. They also appreciate it if someone encourages them to pay attention to their learning. A person must ensure that Enneagram 2 fully engages themselves as a participant.
To Sum Up
Enneagram 2s are the most empathetic, generous, and caring of all the enneagram types. These qualities make them loving individuals who strive to make the world a better place.
They are considerate about maintaining others’ feelings. These people always strive toward fulfilling the needs and demands of various individuals close to their hearts.
Enneagram Type Two personality people always believe in carrying out small acts of kindness. Thus, it enables them to spread love and happiness. These individuals also focus on building strong interpersonal relationships, which can positively impact the lives of several people around them.
Chandrani is a former school psychologist and teacher by profession. She is a post graduate in Applied psychology with focus in clinical and health domains. Her passion for writing, kindled during school days have now become a full time freelancing endeavor. For her, writing is cathartic and keeps her mentally agile. Her lovable niches includes psychology, parenting, spirituality, lifestyle, and love and relationships. Her work depicts her perspectives about various experiences that she came across; unleashed a richer and deeper meaning of life. "Let me leave an aftertaste in the minds of few, if not many who need to find a path of absolute bliss, happiness, and inner peace."