Enneagram 4 personality description states that these individuals are sensitive, shy, and fully aware of themselves. They know about their expectations from life. These people showcase emotional honesty and creativity, but there are occasions when fours can become self-conscious and moody.
Enneagram Type Fours are an integral part of the heart triad, with Type Two and Type Three being the other two. They tend to feel deeply from the heart that there is uniqueness and are different from all those they come across in their life. It is the driving force for them, which helps them develop themselves into better people. They are referred to as an Individualist, making it their life’s work to depict their inner sentiment of becoming one-of-a-kind.
Enneagram 4 Personality Description
As part of the enneagram 4 personality description, it is necessary to understand that those who belong to the healthy type are creative individuals. They have their rich emotional world that thrives on honesty.
An enneagram four remains connected to the people around them. Beauty becomes a source of inspiration for them. These people understand and believe that they are beloved children of The Almighty. Hence, there is no need for them to try and be unique to receive unconditional love and appreciation. Fours even feel that despite having differences with others, they remain connected.
Unhealthy 4s struggle to come out of their tendency to feel poor and victims of misunderstandings. No matter how much they wish to belong, these people always keep their focus on all their perceived drawbacks. They resign themselves to their mood swings, which result in them creating drama now and then.
People with the enneagram 4 personality type feel deficient and inadequate from the core of their hearts. Still, these individuals do not know the details regarding the missing links in their personalities. They constantly feel as if they must fill gaps in this personality with goodness and beauty.
Enneagram 4 – Thinking Pattern
Enneagram 4 personality type individuals stay focused on all those things others have but do not possess themselves. It is one of the crucial aspects to note for understanding enneagram 4 personality description. They experience a sense of inadequacy or insufficiency within themselves. These people are adept at believing all sorts of negative information that spreads around about their personalities. Hence, they completely discard positivity.
Their ability to internalize crucial information can make them severely reactive to anything that talks of something, which might adversely impact their personality. The personal feelings and experiences of fours can let them look into facts in a biased manner. Hence, it results in these people making subjective decisions.
Fours have complete faith in how they feel and the range of experiences they go through while leading their life. Nothing else matters to them. They do not bother to worry if their feelings do not give them appropriate vibes. These individuals love introspecting over various matters of life and show dissatisfaction over anything ordinary.
Enneagram fours might even start to brood in their process of thinking. It could even make them get lost in negativities that slowly erode their prestige. Hence, they long for others to understand their personality.
Enneagram 4 – Feeling Pattern
Enneagram 4s remain highly attuned to feelings. It is not only applicable to themselves but also to others. They are usually quite aware of how people’s sentiments work, sometimes even more than their own. One must know this fact while discussing the enneagram 4 personality description. These people dwell and manage to hold on to their emotions intensely, while others might consider them moody and have a lot of depth.
Fours love exploring their full range of emotions, right from experiencing happiness to being sad. These individuals can easily sway between their range of emotions as they go through changes in experiences due to shifts in world order now and then. They can connect deeply with different emotions, which include longing, sadness, and loss, which result in them feeling melancholic.
People with the enneagram 4 personality type never take things lightly. They are rather serious about those things they wish to do, which would help them become the person they desire to be. This attitude also has its drawback. Due to their tendency to take life far more seriously than they should, it does not take long for them to suffer from sadness. It usually happens when things do not go to their liking and when they realize they will not manage to set things right.
Enneagram 4 – Action Pattern
Enneagram 4 personality type individuals have the habit of going deep into the proceedings of their life. It is another important element that serves well while one tries to understand the details of enneagram 4 personality description. They love to share their heartfelt experiences with others. Many of them treat it as a ritual to make their lives meaningful. Their quest for getting inspiration, meaning, and symbolism might help strengthen the relationship with the creative expression of artistic works.
When these people carry out mundane responsibilities, they will likely suffer from disenchantment and frustration. Fours can go to any extent to discuss their emotions and various experiences they encounter in life with complete authenticity. Enneagram 4s even love sharing stories of their personal life.
They might share them only with selective people, but positive responses from their end can let fours open to a large audience. Their communication style has a lot of personal touch to it. It helps them to establish personal connections with others. They would gradually allow Enneagram 4s to strengthen their personal and professional relationships.
How Common or Rare Are Enneagram 4?
Enneagram 4s, known as Individualists, are the rarest among all enneagram types. It is primarily because of their private nature. They look to create a unique identity that sets them apart from others. These people long for acceptance in social settings, but unfortunately, people misunderstand them. Whenever they feel misunderstood, it makes them sad and depressed
Due to the fours’ private nature, they prefer spending time alone. It becomes difficult for them to open up in front of unknown people. Hence, it is not usual for anyone to see them mingling with others in gatherings.
They have a close-knit group of friends who praise them for their uniqueness and the talents they possess. These people make up nearly 11% of the total population. Enneagram 4s are more common among women than men. 12% of women belong to this personality type compared to 10% of men. There are several enneagram personality tests available online. Those tests can provide further details in the future.
What Causes Delight Among Enneagram 4s?
Enneagram 4s are those individuals who remain focused on creating their identity and making a name for themselves. It happens to be their deepest desire to develop uniqueness and hence stand out from the rest.
It is now time to discuss some of the things that help bring joy to the life of an Enneagram 4 –
- Enneagram 4s wants to make a positive contribution to the lives of people across the world.
- Apart from being unique, these individuals love to leave behind an ever-lasting impression on the minds of others.
- People with this personality type love exploring their creative minds and using them to undertake various artistic pursuits. Fours love when they can get any creative outlet for releasing their stress.
- They enjoy expressing their emotions to people who matter in their life.
- These individuals seek to understand people’s feelings and emotions. Hence, they do well to help them deal with those in the best possible manner.
- Fours know the areas they must focus on for growth and progress.
- Enneagram four personality types are imaginative and love involving themselves in in-depth creative thinking.
- They always display their authenticity despite facing challenges that life keeps throwing toward them.
- Whenever Enneagram 4 gets time, they always manage to reflect on the positive aspects of life. They motivate them to keep moving forward toward their goals without losing enthusiasm.
- When certain situations of life become overwhelming for them to handle, indulging in breathing exercises can make them feel better. Fours love those exercises because they help to make their minds fresh and re-energize them to work harder. They manage to process overwhelming situations with perfection.
What Does Enneagram 4 Hate?
When Enneagram 4 does not like something, they usually tend to withdraw themselves from that situation. Then, they will get into the mode of introspection about the feelings they are experiencing inside.
There are occasions when these people might display their irritation and anger, while at other times, fours could suffer from frustration within themselves. All these can come through when things do not turn out as per their plans.
As an Enneagram 4, you need to cope with a particular situation. You might suffer from anxiousness or anger because of the feeling that you are getting misunderstood by others.
There are numerous things that these people hate in the personal, social, and professional spectrums of their life.
- An Enneagram 4 would never like conforming to others. They will always prefer to have a different perspective on life and carve out an exclusive path for themselves.
- These people hate when someone calls them that they are too sensitive.
- They hate all those individuals who try to pass negative judgments about their personalities.
- When others do not accept the ideologies of Enneagram 4, individuals with this personality type would hate being in touch with those people.
- Fours will hate getting forced to adopt a different personality to impress others.
- They will also hate when members of their social group make them feel ignored or dismissed.
- An enneagram 4 personality type individual hates when anyone labels them as someone they are not. They always take pride in who they are and what they have become.
- These individuals do not like when people misinterpret their intentions and unnecessarily make them pay.
- Enneagram fours hate certain situations in their life that make them violate their principles.
- They suffer from the fear of facing rejection from their romantic partner.
- Fours even hate suffering burnout from going through long phases of dark moods.
- Enneagram four personality type people would hate disappointing people at any cost. It will make them suffer from guilt.
- Fours always set high standards in their life. They make sure to meet them at any cost. These individuals will hate not living up to their level of expectations.
The Learning Style of Enneagram 4
Enneagram 4s are creative individuals who wish to make a name for themselves and stand out from the crowd. One can describe them as those who carry creative flair and do not shy away from expressing their emotions and sentiments in front of others.
These individuals often feel conscious of themselves while going through processes of learning and development. It happens because fours become aware of different ways to engage in various activities compared to others.
- While undertaking the processes of learning, Enneagram 4s will prefer to look toward making a personal connection to the content and the procedures implemented during those sessions.
- They will even try to relate learning modules to their real-life experiences.
- These people will put their heart and soul into learning and understanding stuff, which would make them develop a better perspective and aid in their growth.
- Enneagram 4 could be hypersensitive to criticism, particularly if they consider anything a personal rejection. In that situation, these individuals will withdraw from learning sessions as a response to negative feedback.
- An individual of this enneagram type will always prefer to become a part of a learning and development environment where the guide or teacher welcomes their ability to express their thoughts with emotional authenticity.
- Fours will even prefer it if their teacher takes time to personally check on them and offer guidance on the right approach for learning their lessons better.
- These individuals will highly appreciate it if they can become a part of a unique learning style. They might gain a lot from the opportunity to customize their process of learning that helps meet their requirements.
We have had a detailed discussion regarding the enneagram 4 personality description. Enneagram 4s are individualistic and always willing to create an identity that makes them understand their worth. They are honest, and emotionally intense and carry a distinct persona, which sets them apart from others.
These people prefer leading their lives by engaging themselves in deep thinking and nurturing creative ideas. Hence, the world also sees them as artistic, unorthodox, and adorable.
Their world of fantasy might seem a bit odd. Still, it carries the richness of unique creative ideas that do not look ordinary. They appreciate when others accept their suggestions, but things become worse when someone discards or opposes their viewpoint. It not only makes them suffer from depression but also feel that they lack something in their personality, which does not let them become a complete person.