When we look at ENTP vs. INTP, they possess similar characteristics. Both have intuitive, thinking, and perceiving traits in their personalities.
The main difference lies in their energy levels. While ENTPs receive energy from other individuals, INTPs feel more energetic when they spend time alone.
Let us now find out their similar and contrasting features in the following post –
ENTP vs. INTP
We have already mentioned that both ENTP and INTP personality types are intuitive, thinking, and perceiving. Despite the similarities, there lie some subtle differences. They are about how these people behave with others while carrying out their personal and professional responsibilities.
Hence, they can adjust their lifestyles based on the strengths and weaknesses of their extroverted and introverted nature. People should know they can attain growth out of these default behavioral patterns. They must adopt different ways to strike the right balance between extreme circumstances.
Both these personalities have similar spirits. They place immense value on things like freedom and autonomy. These individuals love exploring their intellectual and creative sides. ENTP and INTP individuals are holistic thinkers. These people aim for speculative, historical, and religious philosophies. All these topics carry the mystery they aim to get.
The similar features they share can make differentiating these personalities a big challenge. It is applicable even in social contexts where only the differences between Extrovert and Introvert come to the forefront.
The NTPs or Intuitive, Thinking, and Perceiving types use similar extraverted functions, Extraverted Feeling (Fe) and Extraverted Intuition (Ne). They make it quite tricky to distinguish them. Both are willing to know, intellectually sound, and quick-witted.
Let us look to get an in-depth understanding of the similarities and differences between these two Myers Briggs personality types –
The Points of Similarities between ENTP and INTP
ENTP and INTP personality types must relate to one another. It comes from sharing similar intuitive, thinking, and perceiving characteristics in their personalities. They have the same set of functions but exist in slightly different orders.
Let us now discuss the similarities that exist between ENTP and INTP in the following segment –
- ENTP and INTP personality types use their intuitive features to focus on concepts and ideas rather than details and facts. These people are highly empathetic. They can know something even without getting direct proof of the same.
- They are aware of their strengths and weaknesses, hence act accordingly. People with these personality types are keen observers. They have the potential to focus on the present. These aspects come to great use in making them successful.
- Their intuition makes them vivid dreamers. It makes them entertain thoughts coming from all quarters. These individuals feel as if the Universe is passing on different kinds of messages.
- Both ENTP and INTP personality type people are thinkers. They rely heavily on gathering objective information across different areas of life. It means that they depend on facts and information that are based on data.
- Their personal opinions and feelings are not objective. Still, data like facts or historical information can help form an opinion. The thinking feature allows them to go deep inside a piece of information. It will help them analyze situations and individuals from a logical point of view.
- People carrying ENTP and INTP personalities possess perceiving features as well. Perceivers look at life in a carefree and spontaneous manner. They always prefer to keep their options open. Hence, these individuals will refrain from making any clear-cut action plan.
- Maintaining any structure in their lives tends to limit their freedom. Hence, they always seek flexibility while carrying out their responsibilities. ENTP and INTP personalities love adapting themselves to new circumstances. They suffer from frustration due to monotonous lifestyles.
- Due to this preference, these individuals attain some control by going for choices as per their requirements. They consider deadlines to be elastic. Hence, they put off their decision-making for a later date. It allows them to explore different kinds of options. These people prefer starting a new project to winding up the old one.
- It is because making any decision would require these individuals to commit. A commitment of any sort might well turn out to be the inferior option.
- In personal and professional lives, Perceivers stay relaxed. They adapt themselves to changing circumstances. Both these perceiving personalities enjoy focusing on the present and working later. These people always remain on the lookout for new opportunities. One can get the impression that ENTP and INTP people are unreliable.
ENTP vs. INTP – The Key Differences
You can see that there are numerous similarities between ENTP and INTP. Despite all these, they do not possess the same personality type. These personalities differ from each other in some ways.
Let us now go through the differences between ENTP and INTP in the following segment –
|ENTPs possess extroverted nature with a deep sense of curiosity. These people carry the ability to communicate in a challenging manner. They give a unique look at the world. It helps them to come up with a fresh perspective.
|INTPs are introverts who keep their thoughts within themselves. These individuals tend to be highly independent in carrying out all their responsibilities. They only focus on things that create a tremendous level of interest among them. Hence, they do not mind putting off the completion of tasks for a later time.
|If we look at the cognitive functions, the dominant function of this personality type is Extraverted Intuition. On the other hand, their auxiliary function is Introverted Thinking.
|The cognitive functions of an INTP state that its dominant function is Introverted Thinking, In this personality type, their auxiliary function is Extraverted Intuition.
|The tertiary and inferior functions of people with this Myers-Briggs personality type are Extraverted Feeling and Introverted Sensing respectively.
|The tertiary and inferior functions of these people are Introverted Sensing and Extraverted Feeling respectively.
|These people concentrate on adopting more intriguing and better ways of carrying out their work. They hate following outdated routines. ENTPs suffer from irritation when someone works at a slow pace. They thrive in fast-paced environments.
|Despite being quiet, INTPs will always analyze problems and evaluate ideas by using their ability to judge. They will keep an unemotional approach in the process. These people will ensure that the team makes prudent decisions. It will help them attain the right results for an organization.
|An ENTP can find its way out of problems and obstacles. Their assertive nature can help inject life into a team. It will help to enhance their confidence and energy for implementing plans.
|An INTP requires inspiration from people close to them. They hate those who will not let them spend a long time with themselves. They prefer having actions and arguments in a well-thought-out manner. Any deviation would let them take care of the same.
|ENTPs hate anyone managing their life in detail. Extroverts always require space and flexibility. These aspects allow them to carry out responsibilities in their style. They are energetic people who like to be on the move. Suppose, an ENTP is through with a task. They immediately turn their attention toward the next big thing. Something that can create interest in their minds.
|An INTP will struggle to fit into any framework. They enjoy having the independence to nurture their thoughts and act accordingly. These individuals need the requisite space to think. They even look to experience freedom from the bindings of other individuals. Only then will these individuals work as per their liking.
|ENTPs share their light-hearted nature with the whole world. They do not bother whether someone is close to them or not. It shows their ability to adjust to people carrying all kinds of personalities.
|INTPs are only comfortable portraying their light-hearted nature. These people do so to those they know very well. They do not feel at ease having just about anyone around them.
|ENTPs can easily recognize others’ feelings. It applies even if they do not make them their priority. It happens primarily because of their ability to make better connections with others.
|INTPs struggle to understand the cues of how others feel. These people worry that they might misunderstand signals. It can make them do something which may not help others in their tough times.
|An ENTP individual likes brainstorming various ideas. They will follow them up with their analysis of those ideas’ feasibility. Generating and sharing ideas with others matters a lot for these people.
|A person with an INTP personality will thoroughly analyze an idea before implementing the same. Implementation will take place only at one condition. If the idea seems sensible. Otherwise, they will look for another option.
|These people invest their time and energy into personal growth and development. They are never happy with the qualities they have. Hence, an ENTP personality type individual is always looking to sharpen the existing ones. They are ready to acquire new skills.
|An INTP is far more interested in developing an unbiased perception of themselves. They use their logic to make decisions. These people always aim to get to the bottom of a situation. It will help them unearth the truth.
|ENTPs tend to act without thinking much about their repercussions. They do not plan for their actions. These people prefer to act spontaneously.
|INTPs concentrate on taking one step at a time to prevent problems from taking place. They only act when they are sure that their plan will work.
|It becomes easy for an ENTP to get carried away with any new idea. Hence, they often lose touch with their rationality.
|An INTP person risks losing their creative side. It happens when they remain engrossed in logical analysis.
|ENTP carries a lot of charisma in their personality and love persuading others. They treat it as an absorbing challenge to convince others. Then, making them do some work is another challenge.
|INTP people hate persuading others to do things the way they want. They wish others to use their intuition. This Myers Briggs type wants people to know their preferences.
|An ENTP will assign responsibilities to other members when they want to accomplish something. They love working as a team.
|An INTP individual will enjoy tackling all the nitty-gritty of a job. There is no need for assistance from another person. People’s interference can disturb their independence and peace.
|People look at ENTPs as energetic and outgoing individuals. They keep this perception even when these individuals keep experiencing lengthy periods of focus and analysis. Hence, they act as introverted ENTP.
|People consider an INTP as a laid-back and reserved individual. It is despite having bouts of enthusiasm and excitement within them. Hence, they act as extroverted INTP.
|ENTPs love being alone with other people close to them. It allows them to share ideas with them that come to their mind.
|INTPs prefer to lead their life in complete solitude. It is because they do not want any interruption to hamper their thought process.
To Sum Up
The conclusion we can derive from the detailed explanation of ENTP vs. INTP is that they possess similar characteristics of intuitive, thinking, and perceiving types in their personalities. Despite these, several differences set them apart from one another. They may not seem apparent but are present underneath.
For instance, ENTPs love working with people, while INTPs prefer to stay alone and perform responsibilities in their way. People with ENTP personality type understand others’ sentiments, while INTPs struggle to judge how others feel as they remain aloof from them.