Enneagram 7 personality description suggests that these are expressive, enthusiastic, and energetic about the possibilities of life. These individuals consider this world as a place where they can spend time doing adventurous activities. They keep themselves alive to experience the excitement that the future holds for them. Sevens love having fun, entertaining others, and transforming their problems into opportunities.
People with enneagram 7 personality types often invite others to enjoy whatever life offers. Simultaneously, they also struggle to accept those aspects of life which give them pain and discomfort. Each individual has their share of enjoyment and struggles. Still, Enneagram 7s always remain cheerful apart from adopting a pragmatic approach to focus on intriguing experiences in the future.
Their ability to act with spontaneity and boldness does not let them accept any limitation to their level of curiosity. They are always willing to move forward to get what they want.
Enneagram 7 Personality Description
Enneagram Type 7s always believe in the positive emotions of people and their suggestions. They love encouraging others to try out different things and achieve their dreams as they do. Still, their urge for constant stimulation can often direct them toward over-indulgence.
They cannot even accept flaws in their personality. Sevens belong to the “The Head Triad” group of the Enneagram. Enneagram Type 5 and Enneagram Type 6 help make up the trio. Enneagram 5s stay confined to their mind to observe the world from a distance. Sixes use their intelligence to scan and prepare themselves for any possible danger.
Sevens belonging to the healthy type can easily create connections between their expertise and those segments that instill interest inside their minds.
Unhealthy Sevens are egoistic and become highly critical of anything that seems illogical to them. They tend to suffer from irritation, and negative emotions even out of minor issues with others, which suddenly make everything seem good for nothing.
If you wish to know details regarding your enneagram 7 personality description, you must have proper clarity regarding your enneagram. Take the popular enneagram test, the Riso-Hudson Enneagram Type Indicator to know your type.
Enneagram 7 – Thinking Pattern
Enneagram 7 personality type individuals are always brimming with a high level of energy. They keep themselves busy by constantly engaging in some activity or the other and looking at the future with optimism. These people have a relentless urge for gathering new information and various other experiences to get complete of what the world has to offer. Sevens are ready to repress their pain and avoid fears of indulging in positive experiences.
It is important to consider the thinking pattern for properly determining the enneagram 7 personality description. People enneagram seven personality types carry an active mind which keeps moving between and linking ideas with utmost ease. These individuals want to invest all their energies into those things that attract their attention and respond swiftly to stimulation.
Hence, the thinking style of a Seven combines the rapid processing of thoughts inside their mind with a great need for mental provocation. They look for opinions and do not like them if there is a feeling that they will have limited choices. The freedom to express themselves and do things they like most is their need of the hour.
The thinking style of an enneagram seven lets them accumulate a wealth of knowledge across a wide range of fields. This generalist knowledge can ensure fostering of creativity and innovation as they possess a wealth of knowledge to connect and use to good effect. An enneagram seven feels a sense of stimulation from its ability to create and share a whole lot of ideas with others. Whenever they receive new information, they will process it and integrate the same at short notice and learn stuff by doing.
Enneagram 7 – Feeling Pattern
The second aspect that one must take care of while explaining the enneagram 7 personality description is their feeling pattern. It is now time to discuss the feelings, emotions, and sentiments of Enneagram 7 personality type individuals. These people can easily resonate with the positive side of the emotional aspect of their personality.
Their expression will be extremely upbeat and carry a lot of energy. People will see enneagram sevens as optimistic, joyous, and enthusiastic. Whenever sevens manage to tune in to unwanted and negative feelings like boredom, anxiety, sorrow, or fear, they direct their response toward plans and possibilities for the future.
It enables them to stay away from discomfort. These individuals are quite proficient in reinterpreting adverse scenarios to convert them into positive options or conditions for learning. It is a kind of rationalization that can make things difficult for an enneagram seven to take complete responsibility whenever things go wrong. It also helps them to move on a positive path.
Enneagram Sevens do not like anyone questioning their abilities. They can become a reality if that happens at any point of time in their life. Likely, they will actively work to shift their attention toward something far more positive and relaxed when things become tense. These individuals even resort to cracking jokes to lighten the mood. It enables them to instill positivity within them and keep things under their control.
Enneagram 7- Action Pattern
Finally, the enneagram 7 personality description would remain incomplete, if we do not discuss about their action pattern. An Enneagram 7 personality type individual likes to have variety in their life. It is because repetitive tasks can make them suffer from boredom.
Focusing on the variety can make them leave their work halfway through to search for something interesting. These people want to make progress in life. Hence, they act decisively to ensure things keep moving forward.
Sevens love the adrenaline rush that comes with their excitement and quest for something new. When they come under pressure, these individuals will resort to multitasking, juggling several plans at a time, and can incline toward taking more than what seems realistic.
It is not just that they only have an active mind. Their body is equally active. The embodiment of energy might make an enneagram seven’s body language seem busy with constant movement from one place to another. People might feel as if they are restless, but it is not so. Sevens cannot focus on one thing or sit still in one place for a long time.
How Common or Rare Are Enneagram 7s?
Enneagram 7 is the rarest of all Enneagram personality types. They make up around 9% of the total population.
Enneagram 7 personality types belong almost equally to men and women, with women being slightly ahead at 9%, while men stand at 8%. There are several enneagram personality tests available online. People can undertake those testing methods, which might help reveal further details in the future.
What Causes Delight Among Enneagram 7s?
Enneagram type 7, The Enthusiast is a cheerful and multi-talented person who likes to be on the move with various ideas and projects. Whenever anyone gets in touch with an individual of this personality type, they will have a list of friends and hobbies along with an extensive list of plans for the future. Their curious and future-oriented nature leads them toward several diverse paths in life.
It is now time to discuss all those things that bring joy in the life of an Enneagram 7 –
- Enneagram 7s constantly love to explore new possibilities in their quest for surprise happiness across different endeavors.
- They carry an open mind and love using their endless energy toward doing activities that bring joy to their hearts.
- These people enjoy and feel at ease when they can get a rough idea regarding how their life can unfold over some time.
- People with enneagram seven personality types like to conduct extensive research and focus on all those things that attract their attention.
- Sevens love maintaining an optimistic view of life. They possess the urge to keep learning new things. Hence, it helps them to broaden their knowledge further.
- These individuals love to express their feelings and sentiments.
- They like showing their patience and appreciation toward working alone. It allows them to make subtle changes across projects and proceed at their convenience.
- Enneagram 7s love taking complete responsibility for their actions. They are not those who will play blame games with others.
- Enneagram 7 loves to adopt new skills to enhance its abilities further.
- These enneagram sevens prefer to keep their options open and have different choices in their life. These alternatives help them feel comfortable.
- They enjoy meeting and interacting with new people. Sevens can get the opportunity to exchange thoughts and ideas.
What Do Enneagram 7s Hate?
We are all aware of the fact that an Enneagram 7 is a fun-loving and charming individual. They give others the impression that they do not bother about anything in this world and love leading life in their way. The fact is that there is more to an individual than what meets the eye. Their imaginative and curious nature can hide all the inner turmoil that disturbs their peace of mind.
Even though Sevens try to learn lessons while going through various experiences, they will not manage to keep their focus alive on learning for long. They will require dealing with those topics that attract their attention. Otherwise, they will suffer from boredom and depression.
Let us now briefly discuss some of the things that an Enneagram 7 hates in their life –
- Enneagram 7s love independence. Hence, these people hate when they cannot experience sufficient freedom to lead a fulfilling life.
- These individuals do not like dealing with those who have the habit of clinging to others.
- An enneagram seven has a positive mindset and takes an optimistic approach toward life. Hence, they hate being around individuals who focus on negativity.
- People with this enneagram type hate not having sufficient time to do what they want.
- Sevens do not like half-heartedly doing things. Therefore, when these people take up any responsibility, they ensure to finish them off before moving on to the next one.
- They hate having the feeling of confinement in a relationship. This enneagram personality type would always want to share their energetic and optimistic attitude with their partner.
- These people would hate not getting the chance to participate in new and fun-filled events with their partners.
- Enneagram 7s will not like to be with those partners where they cannot make long-term commitments.
The Learning Style of Enneagram 7
Enneagram 7s are all those who have immense energy at their disposal and lead their lives with optimism. They love gathering new information from different sources. The minds of these individuals keep buzzing even after a hard day’s work with their inclination toward exploring new ideas.
These people like staying away from negativities. They would prefer to focus only on the positive aspects that life offers. It reflects even in their learning style. Sevens tend to learn about new things with special attention toward those which help develop interest within them. Thus, it becomes easier for them to grasp knowledge.
- Enneagram 7s, being extroverts, carry dynamic personalities and help create positive vibes in their classrooms.
- They focus on exploring new things and learning in the process.
- These people love to interact and share and exchange their thoughts and ideas with others.
- Their inclination toward adapting to changes and grasping the knowledge of new things helps them to learn quickly.
- People with enneagram seven personality types are at their best when they can use their minds to explore and experiment.
- They can easily dive deep inside the middle of things without any requirement to know the big picture. These people focus on their tasks, adopt methods as per convenience and fulfill them in the best possible manner.
- When a guide or their teacher shares different ideas during the teaching process, an enneagram seven can easily find connections between them. Hence, they make it easier for themselves to understand and learn tough topics easily.
- These people love the teaching process to have a good pace, where they can get the chance to have constant interactions with teachers and classmates.
- They want the classroom to be free from all kinds of limitations and constraints.
Enneagram 7s are optimistic people who have the motivation to experience life to the fullest and avoid pain at all costs. These individuals give a lot of value to their sense of freedom and accept opportunities as and when they present themselves. They look at life as a source of adventure and appreciate being versatile and spontaneous.
When Enneagram 7s are healthy or at their best, others will see them as satisfied and calm people. They become much more sober and remain present within themselves along with the people and world around them. People with this personality type love sharing their ideas and acquiring in-depth knowledge from different sources.