The strengths and weakness of Enneagram 9 refer to the finely drawn attributes and qualities that either helps them shine like a star or puts their self-worth into question. These subtle qualities actually make them who they are in reality.
They prefer harmony and peace above anything else in their daily life. As a result, Enneagram type 9s will be able to see all sides of the picture before taking the final call. They are not impulsive decision makers at all, instead preferring to go slow with everything in life.
In this post, we will discuss all the significant things associated with their key qualities and blind spots.
Strengths and weakness of Enneagram 9
People seek out Type Nines for their good nature, reliable, and steady personalities based on the Enneagram personality test. Their persistent desire to create harmony and calmness in their environment gives others around them a sense of comfort.
Because of their constant need to connect with others, peacemakers are sometimes referred to as “stability seekers.” But that doesn’t imply they go looking for it in big groups since their basic fear is being alone or being separated from their close ones.
Enneagram 9 prefers to spend their free time with their close friends or in smaller groups. Even though Type 9s choose solitude or small groups, they occasionally struggle with their dread of separation and loss. They may not be well-suited to manage a team in the workplace because of their ambivalence and fear of conflict.
Nines are often noted for “numbing out” and entering an unwarranted sense of tranquility when conflict develops. This may also be seen as spiritual dishonesty or denial.
The enneagram 9 is a tolerant, flexible, and upbeat peacemaker. The type 9 personality is a person who can flow with life. They also have the following characteristics that actually act like an asset to their nature.
- Has a naturally serene disposition
- Has a good reputation both at work and in the community, and tries to stay out of people’s conflicts
- Someone who makes an effort to live in equilibrium, and is fun-loving with others they are close to.
- Are quite tolerant of others
- Naturally ambitious and does not struggle to get to consensus with others
- They tend to downplay their sentiments when it is too late.
- They are incredibly laid-back and adaptable to rapid changes in situations
The enneagram type 9 personality is above all unassuming in their behavior and gentle with others. Additionally, type 9s have a spiritual connection to both themselves and the reality around them.
11 Strengths of enneagram 9 to note
The enneagram 9 has a lot of strengths, just like all the other enneagram personalities. These people have the power to significantly alter their communities when they make the most of their skills. Several of these advantages include:
1. Over-Adjustment and Merging
The prevalent Type Nine habit of adjusting themselves to others’ agendas represents an “over-adjustment,” as Nines typically don’t just meet others halfway; they also lose the ability to access what their positions are, and they completely give in to others often without anyone realizing it.
2. The capacity to appreciate others’ viewpoints
They live by the principles of stability, comfort, and mental well-being. They also make use of their capacity for bridging gaps and co-holding various points of view. They may therefore establish a foundation of agreement and then further their objectives.
3. Assisting others when they require direction
Furthermore, they want no hassles and no arguments, but they may also have a propensity to get complacent, simplifying problems trying to not get into disagreements, and also providing guidance to others. They typically battle inertia and they are inclusive and unstoppable when they are at their finest. They could also put an end to disputes and unite people and help others reach plausible solutions to issues.
4. Type Nines are known for being observant of their surroundings
Nines like clarity, specifics, and disciplined processes, thus they will establish routines or habits rapidly. They may also be skilled in compiling voluminous amounts of data or detail into a logical framework as they are very aware of their surroundings and assimilate information logically. Unaware individuals may not realize how hard-headed and unyielding a Nine can be.
5. The propensity to bind those nearby together
Others who are around Nines experience acceptance, hearing, and understanding. They recognize each person’s potential and embrace them for who they are. Nines have a calm and laid-back demeanor while experiencing a variety of strong emotions. Even though they may not feel this way inwardly, they will keep their powerful emotions to themselves, letting others perceive the Nine as quite friendly and peaceful.
6. Humble people who want to make the world a better place
Nines establish dependable routines and rhythms in their life and find comfort in this kind of interaction with their work and surroundings. Nines desire closeness and connection with others, and this frequently results in a “blending” of energies with those closest to them. This might manifest as taking on the behaviors, pastimes, interests, or even emotions of those who are in their personal space.
7. Type 9s remain calm and adaptable in almost all situations
Being accommodative and tolerant will be vital to nines since they are driven by a desire to be content and in harmony with the environment as their core motivation is to remain composed. They value stability and seek peace, preferring to stay out of arguments.
8. Supporting and reassuring those around them
Since they do not want to “submit” others to the ideas for fear of it weighing them down, they seldom ever discuss the feelings and self-talk they have with others. Nines may have come to terms with having some little annoyances in their lives or relationships. They have made it their goal to be caring and supportive of others’ needs even if they do not agree with them often.
9. Mediating conflict between others
The Nine perceive most emotions at a low to moderate frequency of intensity, yet they appear very intense to them and crave harmony. Even though Nines are skilled at mediating disputes, they detest feeling their rage. For Nines, experiencing anger is emotionally taxing since they frequently take some time to realize they are unhappy.
10. Being open-minded and suspending judgment
Overall, the enneagram type 9 is incredibly intuitive and energetic in all social situations. They also value life and feel a sense of belonging to the world. They were able to successfully bring about major change as a result.
11. Prioritize work
They learn to set priorities, accelerate the pace, and fulfill their obligations to counterbalance their relaxed attitude. As a result, they encourage a more active way of life, both professionally and socially.
Weaknesses of enneagram 9
Enneagram type 9 individuals who struggle to manage their strengths may let their weaknesses take control of their lives. They may thus miss out on chances and repress their emotions.
As a result, people with type 9 personalities also have flaws that might get in the way. Several of these flaws include:
1. Having trouble addressing other individuals
Nines may fail to communicate their genuine wants, desires, and feelings to others around them because they are so polite and agreeable. The Nine may believe they are communicating extremely clearly, yet others may overlook what they need and desire as a result of their strategy. It’s also possible that the Nine isn’t communicating these wants and emotions to others as regularly or honestly as they believe they are.
2. The propensity to downplay their emotions to avoid conflict
They feel unfavorable feelings like self-negation, resignation, and stubbornness. They may also be prone to Dependence or schizotypal disorders due to their complacent demeanor, or they may exhibit passive-aggressive tendencies to steer clear of disputes.
3. When faced with challenging situations, people tend to avoid them
People of type 9 frequently have idealized worldviews and disregard anything that can undermine them. When problems develop, they frequently try to ignore them, romanticize the past and other people, and withdraw into their inner world to maintain their “rose-colored” glasses.
4. Covert approach to conflict resolution
They decide to engage in passive-aggressive behavior instead of dealing with their life issues directly. Considering their inability to concentrate on the subtle details of the conflicting issue at hand, Enneagram 9s choose the path of less conflict and tries to please others in pacifying a conflicting situation.
They will humbly do the duties given to them. Enneagram 9 is the conflicting archetype and is located in the action center of the Enneagram. Nines often oppose passively to maintain control over their surroundings.
Their actions and inaction will be directed at preserving peace and harmony. Nines avoid confrontation whenever they feel they are in a tough situation.
5. Tendency to downplay issues
They have a strong desire for both inner and exterior serenity. Nines want to be genuine and understood. They frequently feel overwhelmed when they “rock the boat.” Because of this, many Nines choose to be courteous rather than forthright, hiding their genuine voice and desires and dismissing major problem areas.
They could remain silent if someone offends them. When questioned, they might not express their desires. When someone inquires as to what’s wrong, they can also claim that they are not furious. This can eventually result in bitterness, loneliness, and bottled-up rage that occasionally explode to unhealthy levels.
6. Difficulty dealing with interpersonal conflict
For Nines, experiencing anger is emotionally taxing since they frequently take some time to realize they are unhappy. As a result, they restrain themselves from being angry too frequently or too strongly.
Nines are sensitive to the emotions and sentiments of others around them. The Nine will share in this drive and optimism if they are excited and energized. When those close to them are depressed, the same could occur.
7. Avoiding trying or distressing circumstances
Nines don’t want to stir up any controversy. They dislike being forced into doing anything, yet they also find it difficult to say no to others. Nines loathe being ignored, even though they would go out of their way to accommodate others while downplaying their demands to avoid being noticed.
8. Less interest in resolving conflicts
Nines frequently express several points of view in interaction with others to fulfill their desire to make sure that everyone is heard. This might result in long, drawn-out explanations that bore the listener. It may also have a detrimental effect on the Nine’s credibility and level of influence and this, in turn, may make the nines disinterested in resolving major conflicts.
Some other BLIND SPOTS in Enneagram 9
- Their fury as well as other emotions that are similar to anger, such as annoyance and obstinacy.
- When they don’t consciously realize their anger, they have the propensity to act out violently.
- Their own goals, plans, and viewpoints.
- Conflict’s possible benefits.
- Appropriate limits with other people are necessary.
Personality growth tips for enneagram 9
In order to achieve their full potential levels, Type 9s will have to walk along the path of personality growth and development. In doing so, they will be able to strengthen their key skills and overcome the weaknesses in a better way.
- For Nines, the process of growth involves actively trying to connect with them in the same way that they actively try to connect with others, investigating how they try to avoid their feelings and desires to feel comfortable, and paying attention to how they put their own needs to bed to get along with others. Learning how to behave autonomously, access one’s wants, and develop one’s authority is extremely important for kids.
- As they work on themselves and become more self-aware, nines learn to escape the trap of producing discomfort and disharmony by erasing themselves to promote peace and harmony. By strengthening their connection to their inner world, clearly expressing their wants and aspirations, and acting more aggressively on their behalf, they may avoid their tendency to over-adjust to others to the point of losing themselves completely.
- It’s essential to consider your type’s propensity to comply with others and do what they want to maintain harmony and be polite. Will you find partnerships that genuinely please you if you always comply with others’ wishes? Always keep in mind that you cannot genuinely love someone if you are not there for them. This implies that to be there for people when they need you truly, you must be yourself and, ironically, independent.
- Make an effort to focus on what is happening. Avoid daydreaming, tuning out others, or dozing off to sleep. To be a more active participant in the environment around you, practice attention and focus. Try to pay greater attention to your thoughts.
- You need to recognize that you must learn how to regulate all of your urges, including your aggressive behavior and worries. Whether you are conscious of them or not, negative thoughts, feelings, and impulses are a part of who you are and have an impact on both your mental and physical health. The peace and tranquility you want in your contacts are frequently prevented by the unintentional expression of your fear and worry. Starting with expressing yourself is best, even if it’s only feeling your emotions.
- Examining troubled relationships will be difficult since the persons involved have a particular place in your heart. The feelings you have for other people give you a lot of your identity and self-worth. But if you genuinely care about other people, you must at the very least take responsibility for any issues that have arisen. The choice is ultimately clear: You must sacrifice your mental peace (in the short run) for the fulfillment of genuine friendships in the long run.
- Regular exercise will help you become more conscious of your body and mind. Some Nines believe they are exercising enough because they do errands. Regular exercise is an excellent way to develop self-control and make you more conscious of your emotions and other senses. You may learn to concentrate and focus on various aspects of your life by developing body awareness. An excellent method to connect with and release some aggression is via doing some exercise.
To Sum Up
The tendency for all of us to tune out our inner knowledge to “go with the flow” and “not rock the boat” is typified by Type Nines.
The Nine archetypes are a representation of the desire to maintain one’s familiar surroundings, to rebuff change, and to take the simplest course of action, even if doing so results in understating your own needs or priorities in favor of pleasing others.
Thus, Nines serve as the archetype for all personality types of the general human propensity with many positive and negative attributes to go on autopilot and stay unaware of our existence.