INFP characters are reserved and shy, thoughtful and imaginative, caring and sensitive, and are flexible and easygoing personality types. These individuals shy away from the spotlight and prefer to live in their own comfortable space.
INFPs are sensitive and care about the needs of others. They play similar roles in TV soaps and series and have captured public attention through their performances.
Let’s know the names of these characters here…
People with INFP personalities are idealists with big goals in life. They tend to become perfectionists and can act self-critical if they fall short of their expected endeavor.
These individuals are quiet performers and take up the protagonist role in fictional and non-fictional story lines. They find it hard to accept change that is not in tune with their values and beliefs. In such a situation, INFPs will withdraw and isolate themselves from the social setup they are a part of.
The INFP fictional characters are common in movies and animated series. You will find many of them in English classics and literary works. These characters are portrayed as introspective, idealist people.
They are liked by the audiences because of their catchy performances. At times, their idealistic mindset is a mismatch with reality. They prefer to spend time alone and intuitively think about known and unknown issues.
Given the power to care for others, most of the character portrayals depict compassion and empathy. The audience is able to connect with their performances thoroughly.
INFPs have a strong moral compass. They are the messengers of truth and nothing can turn them away from their innate set of values and beliefs. They will always take a tight stance to safeguard their values, no matter what inconveniences come along with it.
INFPs are depicted as helpful and supportive in most literary works because they have an introverted feeling as a dominant function.
They are less expressive of their finer emotional undertone but extend support to others whole-heartedly. They are receptive and understand the needs of others easily.
Let us learn about these characters in the below section of the article.
A list of 50 INFP Characters
INFP characters experience their outer world through gut feeling. Their intuition is strong enough and leads their life’s path in a desirable direction. They are loyal, devoted, and value relationships. Some of the notable INFP characters who have left deep footprints in your mind are as follows:
- Ada Shelby, Peaky Blinders
- Enzo, The Vampire Diaries
- Floki, Vikings
- Gohan, Dragonball Z
- Idris, Doctor Who
- Kermit the Frog, The Muppets
- Morgan Jones, The Walking Dead
- Norma Romano, Orange is the New Black
- Suzanne ‘Crazy Eyes’ Warren, Orange is the New Black
- Tina Belcher, Bob’s Burgers
- Tyreese, The Walking Dead
- Vanya, The Umbrella Academy
- Lane Kim, Gilmore Girls
- Lillian Kaushtuppe, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
- Louis, Interview with the Vampire
- Luke Skywalker, Star Wars
- Luna Lovegood, Harry Potter
- Mags, The Hunger Games
- Cosette, Les Miserables
- Carl Fredricksen, Up
- Jane Eyre, Jane Eyre
- Lucy Moran, Twin Peaks
- Marshall, How I Met Your Mother
- Matthew Crawley, Downton Abbey
- Mike Wheeler, Stranger Things
- Kylo Ren, Star Wars
- April Ludgate, Parks and Recreation
- Bubbles, The Powerpuff Girls
- Charlie Brown, Peanuts
- Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
- Daria Morgendorffer, Daria
- Dolores Abernathy, Westworld
- Frodo Baggins, Lord of the Rings
- Arwen, Lord of the Rings
- Quasimodo, Hunchback of Notre Dame
- Rafiki, The Lion King
- Romeo Montague and Juliet Capulet, Romeo and Juliet
- Sadness, Inside Out
- Scout Finch, To Kill a Mockingbird
- Sweeney Todd, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
- Tantor, Tarzan
- Arthur Fleck, AKA Joker
- Peter Parker, AKA Spiderman
- Aurora, Sleeping Beauty
- Elio Perlman, Call Me By Your Name
- Cassie, Skins
- Belle, Beauty and the Beast
- Elena Gilbert, The Vampire Diaries
- Will Byers, Stranger Things
- Peyton Sawyer, One Tree Hill
To Sum Up
As per MBTI, INFPs are a rare type and not easily seen around us. These individuals maintain a low social profile and are never under the spotlight. This is the reason that in spite of their presence in the social space, we are not aware of who they are.
You must have read or seen them in movies and TV shows but never realized that they could be INFPs. We hope that this post helped you to know the names of your favorite INFP characters who have enamored and captivated you with their character depictions over these years.
Chandrani is a former school psychologist and teacher by profession. She is a post graduate in Applied psychology with focus in clinical and health domains. Her passion for writing, kindled during school days have now become a full time freelancing endeavor. For her, writing is cathartic and keeps her mentally agile. Her lovable niches includes psychology, parenting, spirituality, lifestyle, and love and relationships. Her work depicts her perspectives about various experiences that she came across; unleashed a richer and deeper meaning of life. "Let me leave an aftertaste in the minds of few, if not many who need to find a path of absolute bliss, happiness, and inner peace."