Are you interested to know the names of 16 personality characters who are famous and impressive? Do you know that they have inspired many with their fictional on-screen performances and stage shows?
These famous fictional characters have a typical x-factor that is appealing to the general public. They are captivating and vibrant. Most of these famous characters, irrespective of their personality style, are socially dynamic, smart, and have excellent communication abilities.
In this think piece, we will talk about these famous characters of all 16 types for your quick recognition and understanding.
So, let’s get along in this journey of exploration and knowledge….
16 Personalities Characters
It is obvious that each of the 16 personality types has played multiple roles in TV, movies, cartoon programs, etc. Even renowned authors have drawn character sketches that are in line with the personality traits of these types.
You must have read about these 16 personalities’ characters in English classics of all time. Some were playing the role of a protagonist while others symbolize antagonists par excellence. These characters enthralled the audiences with their mind-blowing performances.
The characters have portrayed their energetic and outgoing nature in animated cartoon shows and have become every child’s favorite. The 16 personalities’ characters are reflections of fame and success. Through their performances, they became a household name.
When you see these characters playing their specialized roles on screen, you must have experienced a lot of excitement and thrill. You will be waiting for the next episode or series to unfurl their next mesmerizing performances.
Their emotional undertones and facial expressions while they play their respective roles have attracted the general people for ages.
Now, we will separately discuss the famous characters of all 16 personality types so that you can know them better.
1. ENFJ Characters
The ENFJ personality type is sociable, interactive, and prefers to be in the spotlight. These characters think about fresh ideas and portray a dominant nature in the role they are playing. People with this personality type are also manipulative and know how to control others’ behavior in finer ways. Therefore many ENFJ characters play the role of a leader or the main lead role is meant for them.
Some of the well-known ENFJ characters in movies, cartoons, and fictional literary works are as follows:
- Katara from Avatar: The Last Air bender
- Padmé Amidala from Star Wars
- Honey Lemon from Big Hero 6
- Sergeant Terry Jeffords from Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Mary Poppins from Mary Poppins
- Amy March from Little Women
- Toru Oikawa from Haikyuu
- Itachi Uchiha from Naruto
- Mike Wheeler from Stranger Things
- Lily Aldrin from How I Met Your Mother
- Lucas Sinclair from Stranger Things
- Tamaki Suou from Ouran HighSchool Host Club
- Mia Dolan from La La Land
- Jules Winnfield from Pulp Fiction
- Donna Paulsen from Suits
- Seeley Booth from Bones
2. ENFP characters
ENFP characters that you have seen in movies, on television, or on the stage are creative people. They are energetic, and optimistic, and have inspired audiences with their exemplary performances.
They are idealists with a strong set of values. ENFPs are goal-oriented and effortlessly bold. When they have set their vision into anything, they will strive to deliver their best performance. On a lighter note, they’re easygoing, quirky, and fun-loving in nature.
You may find many ENFPs in a comic roles in cinemas and TV soaps. Some of the established characters under his personality type are as follows:
- Cookie Lyon, Empire
- Eliza Doolittle, My Fair Lady
- Faramir, The Lord of the Rings
- Frank Gallagher, Shameless
- George Bailey, It’s a Wonderful Life
- Johanna, The Hunger Games
- Mr. Peanutbutter, BoJack Horseman
- Anna, Frozen
- Dory, Finding Nemo
- Ellie, Up
- Finn, Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Genie, Aladdin
- Lilo, Lilo, and Stitch
- Fox Mulder, The X-Files
- Legolas, The Lord of the Rings
3. ENTJ characters
ENTJ characters are dominating and bold. They will pave their own path to success and recognition. Their stage presence is attractive and they have a powerful voice that can convey any social message to the audience quite clearly.
In stories and English classics, ENTJs are represented as brave and assertive. For them, the protagonist or any leadership role is suitable. ENTJ characters are self-assured and are guided by strong values that become their ultimate signature on the screen.
Some of the best-known ESTJ characters are as follows:
- Blossom, The Powerpuff Girls
- Marie, Disney’s Aristocats
- Princess Kida, Atlantis
- Edna, The Incredibles
- Woody, Toy Story
- Nala, The Lion King
- The Beast, Beauty, And The Beast
- Governor Ratcliffe, Disney’s Pocahontas
- Tiana, The Princess, and the Frog
- Katsuki Bakugo, My Hero Academia
- Attack On Titan, Erwin Smith
- Roy Mustang, Fullmetal Alchemist
- Hatsumomo, Memoirs of a Geisha
- President Snow, The Hunger Games
- Gale Hawthorne, The Hunger Games
4. ENTP characters
The ENTP type possesses qualities that make them the best fit for antagonistic and negative roles in movies and classic depictions. ENTPs are impulsive and competitive. They carry a sense of humor that is sarcastic and conveys thorough criticism.
They are fearless, and have quick wit and wisdom to share it with the larger social group. Some of the famous ENTP characters are as follows:
- The Joker from The Dark Knight Rises
- Dustin Henderson from Stranger Things
- Chandler Bing from Friends
- Jim Halpert from The Office SU
- Dr. Emmett Brown from Back to the Future
- Timon from The Lion King
- Lucifer Morningstar from Lucifer
- Kevin McCallister from Home Alone
- Ji-Yeong, AKA No. 240 from Squid Game
- Olive Penderghast from Easy A
- Fleabag from Fleabag
- Gina Linetti from Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction
- Amelia Shepherd from Grey’s Anatomy
- Nicky Nichols from Orange is the New Black
5. ESFJ characters
ESFJ fictional personalities are widely found in movies, cartoons, and animation stories. These characters have revealed their aesthetics and empathetic qualities in the role they were playing. ESFJs are people-pleasers, not because they want external validation but because they have an inherent wish to avoid conflicts. ESFJ characters are appealing because of their soft, yet firm nature.
Some of the mind-blowing ESFJs in the world of fiction are as follows:
- Charles Boyle from Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Rocky Balboa from the Rocky
- Ned Flanders from The Simpsons
- Fiona from Shrek
- Margaret March from Little Women
- Will Schuester from Glee
- Emily Cooper from Emily in Paris
- Allison Hargreaves from The Umbrella Academy
- Gretchen Wieners from Mean Girls
- Angel Batista from Dexter
- Arturo Roman from Money Heist
- Caroline Forbes from The Vampire Diaries
- Dan Espinoza from Lucifer
- Donna Noble from Doctor Who
- Foggy Nelson from Daredevil
6. ESFP Characters
ESFPs are creative and versatile. Therefore, you must have seen them playing diverse roles in all forms of art. They are classic performers who have mesmerized the audience from time to time. These characters are bold and optimistic and have an awesome charm that they carry throughout their acting and creative careers.
ESFP characters are appealing because the audience can connect with their acting skills and general screen presence. They appear life-like on the screen because of their extraordinary acting skills.
Some of the notable ESFP characters are given under:
- Simba from the Lion King
- Michael Scott from The Office
- Rose from Downtown Abbey
- Daisy Buchanan from The Great Gatsby
- Fozzie Bear from The Muppets
- Captain Jack Harness from Doctor Who
- Ron Weasley From Harry Potter
- Lydia Bennet from Pride and Prejudice
- Joey Tribbiani, Friends
- Prince Naveen, the Princess, and the frog
- Penny from The Big Bang Theory
- Theon Greyjoy from The Game of Thrones
- Wicket from Return of the Jedi
- Finnick from The Hunger Games
- Jack Dawson from Titanic
7. ESTJ characters
ESTJs are full of glamour and extravaganza onscreen. They are talented, intelligent, and have excellent communication abilities. The ESTJ type has a strong sense of fairness as they live by their values every moment.
People with ESTJ personality types are excellent performers and they have caught the attention of the public over the years. People have remembered their versatile acting skills, music, and several instances of performing arts.
ESTJ characters prefer to play the role of the lead character because they are vibrant, bold, and have influential dialogue delivery. These characters are fair enough to deliver their opinions clearly just at the right time.
Some of the famous ESTJ characters are listed below:
- Yosemite Sam from Looney Tunes
- Cyril Figgis from Archer
- Abraham From The Walking Dead
- Admiral Bill Adama from Battlestar Galactica
- Beverly Lincoln from Episodes
- Coach from New Girl
- Hopper from Stranger Things
- John Diddle from Arrow
- Pogo from The Umbrella Academy
- Captain Hook from Peter Pan
- Chief Bogo from Zootopia
- Wasabi from Big Hero 6
- Tiana from The Princess And The Frog
- Simba from The Lion King
- Mother Gothel from Tangled
8. ESTP characters
ESTPs are action-packed even in small ways. They have immense energy to do diverse roles in their lifetime. Most of these fictional characters are master performers and the audience have remembered them for their finesse and versatility.
ESTP characters love adventure and novelty. They have the right balance of wit and humor. These famous characters have influenced the life of the general masses because people have started identifying their love stories with them.
They prefer doing varied roles that are challenging and test their inner powers and abilities every now and then.
ESTP characters can also do negative roles as they will appear arrogant and ruthless to the audiences because of their inferior feelings functions.
Some of the famous names under this category go like this:
- Eleanor Shellstrop from A Good Place
- Han Solo from Star Wars
- Jennifer Check from Jenifer’s Body
- Damon Salvatore from Vampire Diaries
- Georgia Miller from Ginny and Georgia
- Chuck Bass from Gossip Girl
- Maui from Moana
- Gimli From Lord of the Rings
- Jaime Lannister from game of thrones
- Bart Simpson from The Simpsons
- John Bender from The Breakfast Club
- Khal Drogo from Game of Thrones
- Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story
- Ramsay Bolton from Game of Thrones
- Lily from The Black Swan
9. INFJ characters
INFJs are rare introverts. They are sociable, love to meet people, and are very lively in nature. Thus, they always stand out in the crowd. INFJ characters are planned and organized in their every move.
Thus, they choose roles that fit their intuitive-feeling qualities. You can say that they are quite choosy about the roles that they take up in the showbiz world.
INFJs are gifted with so much talent that they never put much effort into acting or performing arts. It comes naturally to them. People with INFJ traits play different types of roles and not just one. They are versatile, creative, and have all the qualities of head and heart.
Some of the famous INFJ characters are as follows:
- Amy Elliott Dunne from Gone Girl
- Jay Gatsby from The Great Gatsby
- Albus Dumbledore from Harry Potter
- Elsa from Disney’s Frozen
- Obi-Wan Kenobi from Star Wars
- Edward Cullen from Twilight
- Galadriel from Lord of the Rings
- Ted Mosby from How I met Your Mother
- Lisa Simpson from The Simpsons
- Will Graham from Hannibal
- Luke Danes from Gilmore Girls
- Pam Beasley from The Office
- Theodora Crain from The Haunting of hill House
- Vanessa Ives from Penny Dreadful
- Mr. Bates from Downtown Abbey
10. INFP characters
INFP personalities are shy, reserved, and thoughtful. Thus they prefer to do roles that are important but keep them away from the spotlight. These sensitive souls have captured the public attention very easily because of their submissive and soft demeanor.
These characters are loyal, and devoted, and these qualities make them more appealing to the general public.
Some of the notable names under this type are as follows:
- Enzo, The Vampire Diaries
- Floki, Vikings
- Gohan, Dragonball Z
- Idris, Doctor Who
- Kermit the Frog, The Muppets
- Morgan Jones, The Walking Dead
- Norma Romano, Orange is the New Black
- Lillian Kaushtuppe, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
- Louis, Interview with the Vampire
- Luke Skywalker, Star Wars
- Luna Lovegood, Harry Potter
- Mags, The Hunger Games
- Cosette, Les Miserables
- Carl Fredricksen, Up
- Jane Eyre, Jane Eyre
11. INTJ characters
INTJs are known as logical intellectuals. They want to be liked for their wit, sharpness, and intellect. INTJ characters are people of high reasoning ability. In fictional stories, these characters depicted a serious and picture-perfect profile with a no-nonsense attitude.
People with INTJ types are usually non-compromising onscreen. They either play the role of a strict protagonist or an antagonist with cunning traits.
There are numerous characters with INTJ traits. Some of the few chosen ones are given here:
- Dr. Gregory House, from House, MD
- Draco Malfoy, from Harry Potter Franchise
- Gandalf, from Lord of the Rings
- Professor Moriarty, from Sherlock Holmes
- Stephen Strange/Doctor Strange, from Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Viktor von Frankenstein, from Frankenstein
- Yennefer, from The Witcher Series
- Basil, from The Great Mouse Detective
- Caterpillar, from Alice in Wonderland
- Grand Councilwoman, from Lilo & Stitch
- Jaffar, from Aladin
- King Agnar, Frozen
- Doran Martell from The Game of Thrones
- Roose Bolton from The Game of Thrones
- Three-Eyed Raven from The Game of Thrones
12. INTP characters
INTPS are logical and analytical minds. On Television, they usually depict a serious role just like an INTJ type. They are quick thinkers and always find logical solutions to problems. People with INTP personality types also prefer to do roles where sentiments and feelings are not predominant skills. These individuals prefer intellectual stimulation and are seen in roles that are more rational than emotional.
Some of the well-known INTP characters that you may know are given here:
- Ariadne from Inception
- Lily Iglehart from Sex Education
- Amy Farrah Fowler from The Big Bang Theory
- Nick Miller from New Girl
- Lucius Fox from The Dark Knight
- Patrick Star from Spongebob Squarepants
- Michelle Jones from Spider-Man
- Haymitch Abernathy from The Hunger Games
- Lily Tucker-Pritchett from Modern Family
- Alice from Alice in Wonderland
- April Ludgate from Parks and Recreation
- Donnie Darko from Donnie Darko
- Napoleon Dynamite from Napoleon Dynamite
- Chidi Anagonye from The Good Place
- Yoda from Star Wars
13. ISFJ characters
The ISFJ characters are loving, caring, and supportive onscreen. These characters are ruled by their hearts and reflect kindness always. A closer look at these characters will show you that they possess all the dominant qualities of the ISFJ personality type.
They can read others’ minds because of their feeling functions. Moreover, they always strive to keep others happy. ISFJ characters are understanding, and considerate, and have the ability to make others feel comfortable in any situation.
- Meg March from Little Women
- Neville Longbottom from the Harry Potter Series
- Dr. John Watson from Sherlock Holmes
- William Turner from Pirates of the Caribbean
- Leonard Hofstadter from The Big Bang Theory
- Rory Gilmore from Gilmore Girls
- Ann Perkins from Parks and Recreation
- Cady Heron from Mean Girls
- Otis Milburn from Sex Education
- Hercule Poirot from Agatha Christie’s Novels
- David Copperfield, from the Charles Dickens Novel David Copperfield
- Melanie from Gone With The Wind
- Marlin from Finding Nemo
- Rabbit and Piglet from Winnie the Pooh
- Emily Fields from Pretty Little Liars
14. ISFP characters
ISFP characters depict creativity and flexibility in the role they are playing in front of the audience. As they are active sensors, they are grounded in reality and prefer to solve real-life problems instead of thinking too much about future possibilities.
People with ESFP traits are lovers of creativity. They outshine others in roles that are aesthetically inclined. Most of the ISFP characters play the role of an actor, artist, or musician on screen.
They are adaptive, inventive, and empathic by nature. They reveal traits that have the human touch and this makes them receive appreciation from the audiences who they connect with psychologically.
- Harry Potter from Harry Potter
- Jon Snow from Game of Thrones
- Bella Swan from Twilight Saga
- Jonathan Byers from Stranger Things
- Meredith Grey from Grey’s Anatomy
- Archie Andrews from Riverdale
- Kiara Carrera from Outer Banks
- Laurie Laurence
- Allison Reynolds from The Breakfast Club
- Remy from Ratatouille
- Pocahontas from Pocahontas
- Sulley from Monsters, Inc.
- Kira Nerys from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Lady Sybil Crawley from Downton Abbey
- Lana Lang from Smallville
15. ISTJ characters
ISTJs are also intellectuals. They have great analytical skills and in most of the fictional roles that they play, they are always best at resolving problems. These characters are present-focused and believe in solving real-time problems instead of solving problems that may pose a threat in the future.
ISTJ characters are honest and straightforward. They also possess strong willpower, powerful in their overall outlook. Sometimes, their character flaws are revealed through their stubborn and insensitive behavior.
Some of the renowned ISTJ characters are mentioned here:
- Thorin Oakenshield from The Hobbit
- Ned Stark from Game of Thrones
- Mr. Dracy from Pride and Prejudice
- Brienne of Tarth from Game of Thrones
- Caitlin Snow from The Flash
- Jason Bourne from The Bourne Identity
- Chloe Decker from Lucifer
- Maximus Decimus Meridius from Gladiator
- Stannis Baratheon from Game of Thrones
- Lex from The 100
- James Norrington from Pirates of the Caribbean
- Data from Star Trek
- Théoden from The Lord of the Rings
- Inspector Chester Campbell from Peaky Blinders
- Black Widow from Black Widow
16. ISTP characters
ISTP characters portray an easygoing and flexible demeanor onscreen. They are good observers and can easily notice changes in their immediate surroundings. Most ISTP characters are able to resolve tricky scenarios in the role they are playing. They have the ability to think rationally and bring quick solutions to real-time problems. Thus, they are witty and excellent problem solvers onscreen.
A true ISTP character is open-minded, easygoing, rational, and adaptable. They look into real-life issues deeply and prefer to bring the best solutions possible. People with ISTP qualities have received recognition from people because of their flexible mindset.
They are street-smart and adventurous as well. These qualities have earned them much reputation in society. Some of the well-known ISTP characters who you may be knowing are mentioned below:
- Thomas from Maze Runner
- Kristoff Bjorgman from Frozen
- Jason Bourne from Bourne Series
- Levi Ackerman from Attack on Titan
- Max Mayfield from Stranger Things
- Hawkeye from The Avengers
- Han Solo from Star Wars
- Jessica Jones from Marvel Universe
- John McClane from Die Hard Series
- Dean Winchester from Supernatural
- Emma Swan from Once Upon a Time
- Diego Hargreeves from The Umbrella Academy
- Patrick Verona from 10 Things I Hate About You
- Hwang Jun-ho from Squid Game
- Django Freeman from Django Unchained
To Sum Up
In this article, we have compiled the names of all the 16 personalities’ characters for your quick know-how. Some of these characters are insensitive and stubborn; others are full of discipline and method; while there are a few who are touch based with human emotions.
Whatever their nature might be, one thing is common they all have the subtle powers to attract the attention of the audiences they work for.
Chandrani is a former school psychologist and teacher by profession. She is a post graduate in Applied psychology with focus in clinical and health domains. Her passion for writing, kindled during school days have now become a full time freelancing endeavor. For her, writing is cathartic and keeps her mentally agile. Her lovable niches includes psychology, parenting, spirituality, lifestyle, and love and relationships. Her work depicts her perspectives about various experiences that she came across; unleashed a richer and deeper meaning of life. "Let me leave an aftertaste in the minds of few, if not many who need to find a path of absolute bliss, happiness, and inner peace."